For the following reasons :
- To start with I wanted to give away all profits. In my search for an organization to support, with the help of friends, I discovered many amazing small organizations that are working for very meaningful causes (Prevention and protection of children and youth from sex-trafficking, after-care for previous child-soldiers and many others. I will post more about them in detail on my blog on my website.)
However, the situation with people having lack of access to water caught my attention as organizations are able to come in and help in a very decisive and transformational way. I also found very beautiful the idea that somehow music could provide water for the most vulnerable that need it most.
- I want to be able one day to visit the well(s) and see with my eyes the fruit of my action in partnership, and share this joy with the people who will have contributed to the kickstarter campaign or purchased the CDs afterwards.
With VIP I know I'll be able to do so.
- I personally know the founders of this organization. I know they operate with integrity and are trustworthy and wise in making financial decisions.
- Bigger organizations tends to have a lot of charges : rents, mailing... etc. VIP in 2015 for example was able to use 84% of their revenues directly toward their service program. ( https://villagesinpartnership.org/about/2015-annual-report/ )
- Water crisis is in my opinion, the most critical problems needing to be addressed in the world, but then there are other components of help that also need to be looked at afterwards.
I like the work they do because it seeks to be holistic and empowering to the beneficiary. It's concrete results and also based around the philosophy of "teaching a man how to fish instead of only giving him fish".