This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, October 17 2018 8:49 PM UTC +00:00.
December 2017 - Idea is hatched
Feb 2018 - First version of the game is playtested
June 2018 - After multiple playtests, we revised the game to include more charade like qualities
August 2018 - The final version of the game is made and samples are ordered
Every game comes with the following:
- 6 Memebanz
- 94 meme cards
- 6 dry-erase cards
- 1 dry-erase marker
- 1 one-minute timer
- 60 chips
- 1 card shoe
Alternative Game Modes
- Everyone starts off with 5 chips. Just like the vanilla mode, you must pick a partner and have them act out your meme for you.
- If you correctly guess your meme, rather than collect your chips from the chip bank, you will steal them from other players.
- You may steal from as many players as you like. If you are rewarded three chips, you can steal one chip from three players, or you can steal all three chips from one player.
- You must give one of the chips you stole to your partner.
- The first player to 10 tokens wins!
- Try, and we cannot stress this enough, try not to completely destroy your relations with other players.
- Every player starts the game with 6 cards and must pick a partner.
- Every player will try their best to guess all 6 cards in succession in the fastest time possible. No hints are allowed.
- If a meme is too difficult to guess, then every player can pass on that meme. However, every card a skips adds 1 minute to their end time.
- The player with the lowest time wins!
- Everyone starts off in similar fashion to the vanilla game mode, on your turn, the Meme Master grants you a cart. You pick the card, and instead of showing it to everyone, only you may see it.
- All other players will now go take turns asking you a yes or no question. After 3 rounds of questioning, all players must guess what the meme is.
- Any player who guessed correctly will receive one token
- First player to 5 tokens wins!
- Each player starts off with 10 chips.
- On your turn, you must pick a partner to act out your meme. Your partner must place 1 chip into the “correct” pot.
- You must then place your card into the memeband for every player to clearly see.
- All players will then bet using their chips whether or not you will guess the meme correctly. Every player must at least bet one chip per game.
- If you guess the meme correctly, you and everyone else who bet into the “correct” pot will divide all chips equally
- If you fail to guess the meme, then all players who bet “incorrect” will divide all chips equally amongst themselves
- The first player to 20 chips wins!
Risks and challenges
This may be our first Kickstarter, but we’re an experienced team with a history of developing successful products. We know what it takes to transform an idea into a quality item.
We run the largest meme product store, Dank Tank for almost 2 years now. Our best sellers include our holy meme bible, our ramen noodle condoms, and our meme bath bombs.
This is also the first board game we have ever created, but rest assured that we’ve playtested this game over a dozen times in multiple board game cafes. In addition, we’re all huge board game fans. We often host board game nights with our favorite games being dominion, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Millions of Dollars.
The funds raised from this Kickstarter will be used to facilitate purchase and shipment of the product to our fulfillment center in California. If we’re able to exceed our initial fundraise goal, we’ll use the additional money to get faster shipping and order even more Memebanz.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter