The bare-all documentary on crowd funding.
Hi, I'm an impassioned filmmaker who gets inspired daily by the multitude of incredible ideas launched on crowd funding sites. To be honest I probably like it a little too much and across the various platforms, I've backed over 120 projects and still counting.
But... what happens when the dream project you've pledged your money to stalls and fails to deliver a satisfactory outcome? When the delivery timeline is stretched beyond reasonable terms? When your messages and emails to the creator simply go ignored? You're left minus your hard-earned cash, minus your reward and minus any rights to chase either.
I need YOU!
I've lost $6,584 on a project that's almost 12 months beyond it's delivery timeframe, but I know I'm certainly not the only one! What are YOUR experiences... have you got a story we should investigate and find answers for? I'm forming a film crew passionate for the truth. This is our mission, and KICKSTALLER the Documentary will lift the lid on where we stand as backers. Your support is vital both in a social capacity (please share this project) and financially, to help us cover sizeable out-of-pocket expenses for:
- A dedicated producer to research where stalled project creators are hiding - let's find them!
- Travel costs for our crew to go and track down the executives and charlatans and answer the tough questions they've been ignoring through faceless contact forms, wall posts and un-replied email trails.
- A whiz-bang editor to join our team and give our long-form documentary the objective post production magic that film festivals will be hungry for!
- Entry fee costs for submitting to as many film festivals as we can afford
The impact of your support
By supporting KICKSTALLER, you'll be helping contribute to:
- An open, frank discussion to better protect backers, not just project creators
- Have your most burning questions answered, by the people who matter
- Gain confidence and knowledge for any future crowd funding pledges you make
- Help us distribute this topical story with festivals around the globe
What if Kickstaller... stalls?
Irony right? But certainly a fair question as that's what this whole documentary is about! You can have confidence in this project because making films is what's been my passion and my success since 2008, and my team and I are used to making stories on an absolute shoestring! Here's some of our accolades:
- Winner Sundance London 2013
- Best Mobile Film Tropfest Australia 2012
- Youth Jury Award Aspen Shortsfest 2011
- Runner Up Tropfest Australia 2011
- IF Award 2009 Best Film Tropfest NY 2008
Other Ways You Can Help
Spreading word of this campaign will help us SO much. Even if you can't contribute a pledge, simply sharing this story on your social media channels will mean the world to us. Thanks for checking out KICKSTALLER!
Risks and challenges
This film will absolutely be made, but like anything there may be unforeseen elements which impact filming and editing schedules. Part of this project is about gathering intel from our backers - about stories that have affected them personally. Should we come across an important contributor late in the story process, this is potentially the only element which may contribute to any delay.
We will keep everyone informed every step of the way in any case - after all that's what this entire documentary is all about!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)