My childhood was filled with so many outdoor adventures! Camping was a staple in my family, summers were filled with hiking through the forest, swimming in lakes, and sitting by the fire and doing crafts. I got to go backcountry hiking, winter camping or attend summer camps as a member of Beavers, Cubs or Scouts. Some of my best memories with my friends are of the days that we spent all afternoon in the local ravine building forts, learning to use tools, and getting dirty. There was no shortage of entire days spent outdoors, exploring and playing in the fresh, clean air.
Summer trips in the outdoors are filled with fun - unconstructed free play, doing crafts, exploring your abilities and the world around you, getting dirty, building things, going places, going on road trips, and most importantly, escaping from the concrete jungle . I wanted to make a colouring book that captured all of those things, and revitalize those feelings through creativity and imagination.
Inside the pages of the Rocky Mountain Colouring Book, I've designed the front side of the pages to tell the story of an outdoor adventure road trip including camping, biking, and canoeing. On the reverse side of the pages are animals, sights, and campsite items recalled and drawn from my own childhood adventures. I hope that these pages will remind you of your own childhood memories and travels. I hope that you can share them with the little people and loved ones in your life, and hopefully even inspire you to plan your next adventure into the great outdoors. We have an amazing, beautiful, breathtaking world right outside our doors, and we only have to step out into it. And on those days when that's not possible, you can bring it to colourful life in the Rocky Mountain Colouring Book.
Thank you for your support, and adventure on!
Examples of Pages
- 44 horizontal formatted colouring pages. Printed by a local printer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.
- Heavy, high-quality, 100% recycled paper.
- 8.5 x 11 inches .
- Appropriate for all ages, with lower complex pages for your wee little ones and more complex scenes for those that have the patience to colour for long periods.
You may have seen my work at local craft shows or online, and been considering buying some. This Kickstarter campaign is a great opportunity for you to obtain fabulous pieces at a lower rate, with the added bonus of helping in the development of this colouring book, which means you'll receive your very own copy of the book to boot! Your pledge money will help fund the following:
• time and resources (approximately 1 month) to develop and illustrate the book;
• printing the book;
• social media contract services to promote the book;
• service fees for marketing tools and direct marketing (online and fall vendor markets);
• studio costs for printing proofing pages;
• printing promotional materials;
• shipping, packaging, and materials;
• printing of the Rewards for Pledges (listed below); and
• wages for my assistants (who helps with packaging and mailing books and rewards).
Add ons /Rewards
- If you are wanting more than just one level, I will be offering on add-ons at the tail end of the campaign.
- $2 Pledge - A great way to pledge your support to the creator, who thanks you! You will receive a digital download wallpaper for your computer and cell phone.
- $8 Pledge - A single copy of The Rocky Mountain Colouring book, and a handwritten note from the creator sent directly to you!
- $16 Pledge - Your choice of 1 of 2 different 1/2"enamel pins and a copy of the Rocky Mountain Colouring book.
- $25 Pledge - A single copy of the Rocky Mountain Colouring Book as well as an unframed 8x10" regular edition print of one of Jason Blower's images. To see selection visit his online shop www.snowalligator.com
- $35 Pledge - A single copy of the Rocky Mountain Colouring Book as well as a unframed 11x14" regular edition print of one of Jason Blower's images. To see selection visit his online shop www.snowalligator.com
- $50 Pledge - A single copy of the Rocky Mountain Colouring Book as well as an unframed 16x20" regular edition print of one of Jason Blower's images. To see selection visit his online shop www.snowalligator.com
- $125 Pledge - Have your family vehicle memorialized in one of the Going Camping, Going Canoeing, or Going Biking 11x14" prints. To see the options available visit www.snowalligator.com
- $175 Pledge - A giclee canvas print of any of the regular edition prints of one of Jason Blower's images. To see selection visit his online shop www.snowalligator.com
- $200 Pledge -The Ulitmate Camping pagckag includes:
- 1- Camping blanket 50"x60" polyester fleece,
- 1- The mountains are calling pillow
- 5 - Camping adventure transfers
- 1 - We're Going 11x14 print
- 1- Camping Pin 'You Belong Here'
- $250 Pledge - Artist Jason Blower will create a one of a kind unframed acrylic painting on 11x14 paper of an item of your choice (Mountain, Bear, Cabin, outhouse - must be within reason). To be delivered late October of 2018.
- $1500 Pledge - Artist Jason Blower will create a one of a kind unframed acrylic painting on a panel of the subject of your choice (within reason), from your imagination or photos. To be delivered November of 2018
Timeline and Delivery
While this Kickstarter campaign runs I will be working on putting the finishing touches on the book and preparing any new creative material that will be needed for the stretch goals. I anticipate that I will be sending the book files off to the printer within a few weeks of the completion of the Kickstarter, with the goal of having finished copies ready for distribution in August of 2018 by the latest. This is when you, as a backer, can expect your own copy of the book to show up in the mail (barring any serious unforeseen complications)!
My name is Jason Blower and I am an illustrator living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I really love and believe in all the possibilities of Edmonton, the city where I was born and raised. In addition to holding degrees in both education and graphic design, I am currently focusing my career on creating fun and whimsical local images to celebrate the beauty around us. Not only do I develop my own content that I sell throughout the city, I also do commercial work for clients such as Lululemon, Chickadee Magazine, Sonic 102.9, Alberta Venture, CBC, Canadian Running, The City of Edmonton, Fort Edmonton Park, Alberta SPCA, Loblawas, the University of Alberta, and The Rainbow Society of Alberta. Please view more of my illustraiton work at www.jasonblower.com or my retail items at www.snowalligator.com
Risks and challenges
I believe that there is a minimal level of risk associated with making this book. I have created a few different books in my career and have worked out the kinks there. Any and all delays will be posted as updates to keep my process open and transparent with all of you fantastic backers. I have secured a very well established and reliable printer and supplier for all the items that I am not able to personally manufacture and I am confident in their ability to deliver a superior quality product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)