The Kobuk Roll-Top Leather Backpack
The Ultimate Adventure Pack
Top Grain, Roll-Top Leather Backpack
We are Kodiak Leather (www.kodiakleather.com), a startup in Lehi, Utah founded by Jared Morse, an outdoorsman who was frustrated by the lack of reasonably priced leather bags that would hold up through all the wear and tear of daily use. This inspired Jared to create Kodiak Leather and our custom leather bags. After finding only the highest quality leather and hardware, we set out to build a bag that would last a lifetime.
Fast Forward 3 1/2 Years...
After having 3 successful Kickstarter campaigns, the Buffalo Leather Satchel, The Classic Weekender Duffel, and our most recent Sitka Leather Messenger, we have come full circle on offering a wide variety of travel bags (mainly duffel bags), briefcases (similar to the satchel and the messenger), as well as some smaller, everyday carry items.
We have had countless insights on product design, future product offerings, and functionality suggestions from our nearly 2700 previous backers.
We have had many requests over the last couple of years to produce a leather backpack, that kept the rugged, adventure-ready Kodiak Leather look and feel, while maintaining functionality and a reasonable price point.
Well.. We are happy to introduce the Kobuk Roll-Top Leather Backpack.
This design was inspired by a roll-top leather duffel bag we came across that was super functional (could handle a good amount of gear), and had a bulletproof look about it.
The Kobuk Roll-Top Backpack was designed with functionality, durability and simplicity in mind.
True to Kodiak Leather form, we wanted this bag to have the same "Alaska - Ready" look to it, while being able to accommodate a wide variety of daily uses and individuals.
Whether you’re headed up to the mountains for a hike, taking it to the office, or packing this to class, this pack was designed with you in mind!
New Rewards + Pledge Levels Added!!
Available in 3 color options:
- Top-grain leather
- Padded, adjustable Backpack Straps
- Zippered opening to keep items secure
- Adjustable buckle closure on main bag opening
- Adjustable magnetic buckle closure on front pocket
- Zippered side pocket to keep phone, wallet or keys secure
- Easy access open side pocket for water bottle or other smaller items
- D-ring on each side for carabiner, water bottle, ID, or luggage tags
- Fully padded laptop sleeve on the back wall of the bag (Will fit 13" or 15"laptops)
- Large front pocket with flap for added security and weather-proofing
- Top backpack handle for easy carry
- Interior phone pocket on front of laptop sleeve
- 3 interior pen holders on front of laptop sleeve
- 1 interior metal doghook for keys on front of laptop sleeve
Full Product Specs:
- Exterior II 21" H x 13" W x 11" D
- Interior II 20" x 12" W x 10" D
- Weight II 3 lbs 8 oz.
- Padded Laptop Sleeve II Located on the back wall of pack, measures 12" W x 13" H x 2" D. This sleeve will fit 13", 15" and some 17" laptops (message us if you have questions on this!)
- Shoulder Strap Length II Each strap is fully adjustable from 17" to 33"
- Top-Grain Leather
- Brass Hardware
- Premium YKK Metal Zippers
Kobuk Leather Backpack
The ULTIMATE Adventure Combo Pack
This pledge level includes:
- 1- Kobuk Leather Backpack
- 1- Wanderer Leather Journal
- 1- 17 oz. Insulated, Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Wanderer Leather Journal
- 110 blank pages
- Handmade artisan paper
- Wrap around leather closure
- Dimensions: 5" x 7"
Kodiak Water Bottle
Available in 4 color options:
- March 2018: Idea + Design and prototyping of Kobuk Backpack begin
- April 2018: Finalize design, finalize leather colors and hardware types/ placement, begin manufacturing of samples
- June 2018: First samples completed. Revise size and layout of bag. Add padding to laptop sleeve. Add D-rings on sides, and zippered pockets. Product testing begins.
- July 2018: Second samples received. Revise front pocket size, buckle strap length, and side pocket sizing. Widen shoulder straps and add more padding.
- September 2018: Final prototype is finished. Along with other designs for campaign. Final colors selected.
- October 29, 2018: Launch Kickstarter campaign.
- December 18, 2018: Kickstarter campaign ends.
- January 2, 2019: Receive funds from Kickstarter. Begin production/ manufacturing of rewards.
- February 2019: Begin shipping rewards.
- March 2019: Remaining reward fulfillment completed.
Why Support Us?
In order to make these products come to life, we need to raise $10,000 to complete our first run of production.
If you pledge to this campaign you will be the FIRST to receive these products and you will be getting them for a MUCH lower price than they will cost once they are available to the public! We understand that making a pledge is a big commitment and we want to reward you accordingly!!
Purchase a product that is GUARANTEED for LIFE. All of our products come with a lifetime guarantee. Leather looks better with age. Someday your Kodiak Leather product will tell a story of it's own.
- Select the pledge that matches the item you want to pre-order. If our goal is reached, you will be charged at the end of the campaign, and we will ship your reward as soon as it is made! If our goal is not reached, your card will NOT be charged, and you will not receive the product.
- With your support and pledging towards our Kodiak Leather products, you will be making a HUGE difference in the Kodiak Leather manufacturing process, and will help us make the Kobuk Roll-Top Leather Backpack available to everyone.
Every Kodiak Leather bag is made for a lifetime of use. In fact, we believe in our craftsmen, our materials and our designs so much that we warranty them against defects in materials and workmanship. If there is ever a problem with one of our products just send it back and we will either repair or replace it for free.
Risks and challenges
While we are a fairly young company, this is not our first Kickstarter project!
We have a good idea of what to expect on producing these backpacks, but as always there are potential delays and setbacks as we depend on other businesses for our leather supply and hardware.
The timeline we have set is a very realistic timeline, and we are very confident that we will deliver your rewards on time! Our past 3 campaigns have delivered very close to their original timelines. We have also simplified this campaign in comparison to our previous campaign, which will speed up production and fulfillment time frames!
- (50 days)