A HUNGRY MODEL is an adaptation of Franz Kafka's A HUNGER ARTIST. It is a feature length script about a girl whose art is to starve. It is a critique on common conceptions of beauty and the lengths people will go to attain beauty. However, the screenplay is not only dark, it is also hilarious and its artistic potential is limitless.
After an escalator accident at the mall, young fat Katrina Shaw turns into plastic super model Kat, who follows her agent/daddy/husband and his kitten all the way to the circus. Luckily, her brain is still intact, because she'll need it to escape from her brand new cage!
A HUNGER ARTIST and DRINKING AND DRIVING are two short films I have extracted from the feature length script. I am hoping to make them in order to provide production companies with proof of my screenplay's potential.
The $$$ you donate will be used to facilitate 2 film shoots (1 day in LA and 2 days in NYC) to include:
- AIRFARE & LODGING - director, cinematographer & lead actress
- COSTUMES & PROPS - mostly incidental, but everything adds up!
- CREW - actors, cinematographer, sound recordist, FX makeup artist, set builder
- EQUIPMENT - cameras, lights, recorders, mics, damaged vintage convertible, cage + disposal of
- FOOD - cast and crew must eat!
- VENUES - studio, stage, supermarket, highway + licencing
I will perform all post-production services myself on equipment I already own to spare further costs.
I am infinitely grateful to any and all who help me turn this dream into a reality. THANK YOU!
P.S. I PROMISE NOT TO CREATE FEMINIST NIGHTMARES FOR FILMS!
Risks and challenges
Being in the military does not provide for the most stable of schedules. Nonetheless, I believe my current orders allow for more than enough shore time to see both short film projects into fruition.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)