I wanted to make a few changes to the rewards section of this Kickstarter, but unfortunately I cannot edit them now that I have so many pledges, so I am just going to update you here. (Don't worry the changes are good ^_^)
- I just wanted to make it clear that the £20 tiers of this project that come with custom cards CAN include your OC if you wish. If you missed out on the minion/helper cards and HERO cards you can still get your OC into the deck.
- The £100, £150 & £200 tiers that come with a custom HERO card will not come in the standard deck, BUT they will be included as random HERO cards in booster decks that I will be adding. That way your OC will still be available in the game to everyone. (If you do not wish to have your HERO card in the booster packs that is fine)
OK I think that was all for now. Thanks so much for pledging! Jammy x
Jammy's Card Game is a kink-themed card game aimed at adults. The purpose of the game is to dominate your opponent in a funny/humiliating way over a series of rounds. It is intended to be a light-hearted and fun game that friends and partners can play. This will be a printed card game not online.
The card game is in the early stages but the basic gameplay will be:
You will start by creating a custom deck of 20 cards that consists of attack/defence, non-standard attacks, attachments and helper cards. You will also select 1 HERO card to play as. Each hero has a different set of Skills, number of Dominance (strength/power) and number of Willpower (health/defence)
The game will start with players rolling a 10-sided dice. Highest roll starts and continues clockwise. The game continues in turns until a winner emerges.
On your turn you will follow this order:
- Draw - Draw cards up to your maximum hand (5)
- Action - Do one of the following - Equip or un-equip an attachment, use a consumable item, or deploy a helper
- Attack - Play attack cards
- Helper - Use helpers to attack again
Attacking your opponent consists of comparing your Dominance Value with their Willpower value and then using the difference as a modifier on the roll of a 10-sided dice.
You may equip items to yourself to earn buffs against attack/defense or you can equip them onto your opponent to debuff the same stats. Both can influence the end result of the game. Some items will not be removable without sacrificing cards or attacking them.
There are 3 types of helper: Tanks, Striker, & Support.
- Tanks - Must be attacked by your opponent first before the hero. Good for deflecting damage but cannot attack.
- Striker - Can attack on your turn to do additional damage of its type to the opponents HERO.
- Support - Increased one of your skills/dominance or willpower. Cannot attack.
To win the game you need to reduce your opponent's skill in one of his/her 4 areas to 0. For a longer, more challenging game you can try to reduce 2-4 skills down to 0 for the ultimate domination!
Risks and challenges
As this is a new project, and the first time I have designed and built a card game, there will obviously be some challenges and risks to completing this card game. That is why I am making this game with the help of the community so that there is continued growth and input from everyone to ensure it keeps momentum.
I have already done some research into the costs associated with printing the physical cards, creating the custom dice, boxes etc and am confident that if we reach the target we will be able to produce a high quality product. Hopefully fun to play too ^_^
If for some unknown reason the printers I am currently talking to increase their prices for production outside of the goal I have 2 other printers that offer similar services in mind.
As I will be doing all the artwork on the starter deck, time will be the main challenge for me. Those of you who follow me and have seen my artwork will know that I always try to do the highest quality images I can. I would rather make sure you all get the best I can offer even if it takes a little longer than my estimated release date.
Having said that I will try to keep to my release date so that you can all play as soon as possible.
One other challenge that may pop up once the card game is completed is shipping. I have allowed for a reasonable amount of shipping in the goal but if you happen to live way out in an isolated community there may need to be some discussion about shipping costs. The product will not weigh very much though (depending on your reward level) so I am hopeful this will not be a major issue.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)