Introducing Euphoria Supreme
What's this, an update in the middle of the day? Yes, this is really happening. Brace yourselves.
A few days ago I sent out an update that showed the full-color recruit art. The response was...not good. Part of the reason was that I posted the wrong version of the art. The other part had to do with the way heads were placed on the recruits' bodies and the size of the necks, among other factors.
I take all feedback very seriously, as does the artist (yes, she read through all of your comments, and I kind of wish I could give her a hug, but she's in the UK). So I promised to fixing the full-color art and to find a way to produce "sketched"-face versions of the recruit art, which was a common request from many of the backers who commented on that update.
For the full-color art, you can see the changes below for many of the Icarites and Subterrans. The faces now blend better with the style of the bodies. Background art has been added for each faction. Heads are better proportioned, lighting is better, and the heads are correctly positioned on the necks.
However, if you still don't like the art or if you find the "faceless" art to provide a more immersive dystopian experience, I've gotten a quote from my artist and my manufacturer to add an extra deck of 44 recruit cards in a special version of the game (45 cards fit on a sheet, so the apocalyptic recruits won't be in this deck). We can't use the original prototype sketches because we need to have some element of consistency between the decks--Cliff the Shock Artist (as pictured below--keep in mind that it is zoomed about 400% here) is still Cliff whether he's in full color or sketched face.
Thus there is a new $59 reward level for a special "Supreme" version of Euphoria that includes the following all in one game box:
- Euphoria deluxe
- 1 extra set of 24 custom steampunk dice (purely as collectibles--they aren't used in the game. You can see what they look like in the photo at the end of this update. You will get 4 of each color--there are more in the photo so you can see what each number looks like)
- 1 set of 44 special-edition sketched-face recruit cards (which feasibly could be shuffle into the other deck of recruit cards, but we don't recommend it)
So here's what you need to do if you want this pledge level:
- If you are a $49 backer, you can click the blue "manage my pledge" button on the project page, manually update the dollar amount to $59, select the SUPREME reward level, and submit the new pledge.
- If you are a backer of any other pledge level, follow the steps above to manually add $10 to your pledge amount, but do not change your reward level.
- If you have already increased your pledge amount for the previous dice add-on, you don't need to do anything. You're now getting more stuff for the same price. (But it would be helpful for you to change your reward level to $59 for tracking purposes.)
400 of you indicated that this was something you're interested in, so although the economies of scale aren't great at that amount, hopefully we can push beyond that. Plus, every pledge increase inches us closer to the upper-level stretch goals.
Last, you might be wondering what this means for the upgraded cardstock stretch goal. There are two ways to upgrade cardstock: ivorycore or blackcore. Blackcore is extremely expensive, and with the addition of these new cards, it is no longer feasible. So if we reach that goal, we will upgrade all cards to ivorycore.
Thanks so much for your input and support! I keep delaying the update about the apocalypse for these more urgent matters, but I'll post it tomorrow.