EXPERIENCE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE MAKING OF THIS FILM
If you’ve ever wondered how a feature film is made, this is your chance. We want you to be a part of the production. Be there on day one and watch how a scene is shot, experience a live set, or involve yourself in a production detail that interests you. Whether it’s a scene breakdown, a lighting set-up, an actor’s process, or a directors note. You determine what you want to be involved with. Come and go as you please, or stay until you hear, “That’s a Wrap!” The bottom line: we’re opening our set to you.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
We’ve made a decision to use all of our secured funds for production costs. Every dime we have is being put into the principal photography of this film, from the crew of industry professionals to the equipment we will be using. We feel this film deserves such a high level of quality, that we’re willing to put all our money into this phase of production.
This will directly benefit you since we are opening up our set to our backers, allowing you to actively watch and participate with this project as it happens.
WHY ARE YOU SO CRUCIAL?
Since all of our funds are being used for production, we need your pledge for all our post-production costs. Including editing, color correction, sound design and marketing to name a few. There is a lot to do once the production has wrapped, and putting it all together is where we need your help.
A LIVE INTERACTIVE LINK
All backers who pledge of $25 or more will gain access to an Interactive Link. This link will become active on day 1 of filming, and will last for the duration of principal photography. During each shooting day we’ll be uploading videos, pictures, and we'll also have live video streaming from set. You can comment in real-time directly to the cast, crew, and even the director! We’re going to make this as interactive as possible keeping you involved every step of the way.
Ask questions, tell us what you think, or just sit back and see how this all comes together. Your involvement really depends on you and what interests you. The entire cast and crew is on board and is excited to take part in this Kickstarter first.
WHEN DOES THIS START?
Its happening right now!! Since this campaign is active, we have already begun. Make a pledge of $25 or more and you’ll be sent the interactive link to begin your journey with us.
The Frontier is a comic drama about three unlikely individuals at crossroads in their lives, who come together and help each other find their way forward. Sean, a retired literature professor and civic activist who knows he’s nearing the end of his life, writes a letter to his son, Tennessee, a ranch hand who hasn’t been home for years. Upon receiving this letter Tennessee hitchhikes back home with the hope of making peace with his father. Nina, a young woman looking to find herself and her place in the world, accepts Sean’s offer to move into his guest room and help him write his memoirs. The three find it difficult to live under the same roof, but eventually as their walls come down they find that they are becoming a strange sort of family.
- SEAN - Max Gail
- TENNESSEE - Coleman Kelly
- ANNIE - Anastassia Sendyk
- OLIVER - Oliver Seitz
- SUSAN - Katherine Cortez
DIRECTOR / WRITERS
- DIRECTOR / WRITER - Matt Rabinowitz
- WRITER - Carlos Colunga
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER - Elliot Roberts
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - Bonnie Levetin
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - Lea White
- PRODUCER - Jeffry A. DeCola
- PRODUCER - John Thompson
- UPM / LINE PRODUCER - Rob Van Norden
- 1st AC - Rob Van Norden
- 2nd AC - Ashley Franklin
- SCRIPT SUPERVISOR - Simone Boudriot
- DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY - Adam CK Vollick
- A CAMERA 1st AC - Jeremy Seward
- B CAMERA OPERATOR - Thom Valko
- B CAMERA 1st AC - Nick Cutway
- ADDITIONAL B CAMERA OPERATOR - Drew Dawson
- PRODUCTION SOUND / BOOM - Rob Fillmore
GRIP / ELECTRIC
- GAFFER - Chad Dougherty
- GRIP - Darina Sikmashvili
- ADDITIONAL SWING G & E - Peter Mosiman
- PRODUCTION DESIGNER / COSTUMES - Lea White
- ART DIRECTOR - Catherine Weiss
- ART DIRECTOR - Lindsay Garvey
HAIR / MAKEUP
- HAIR / MAKEUP - Melissa Anchondo
- ADDITIONAL HAIR / MAKEUP - Julz Perez
- EDITOR - Tim Mirkovich
- SET INTERN / MEDIA MANAGER - Matthew Somogyi
- PUBLICIST - Mickey Conttrell
- ASSISTANT TO MICKEY COTTRELL - Emily Doss
- SOCIAL MEDIA / EPK - Joseph Adams
- FENCE CONSTRUCTION - Glenn Tobey
- STILL PHOTOGRAPHER - Theo Rabinowitz
- PRODUCTION PHOTOGRAPHER - Alexas Wiener
- CHARACTURES - Tommy Sugimoto
- SET PA - Kerri Farrell
- SET PA - Brett Chatelain
- SET PA - Zack Rabinowitz
- HORSE WRANGLER - Erik Olson
- THUNDERING HOOVES RANCH - Steve Lukasiewicz
- AMERICAN HUMANE ASSOCIATION - Katie Vincent
- AMERICAN HUMANE ASSOCIATION - Chad Byrnes
- AMERICAN HUMANE ASSOCIATION - Claudia Vizcaino
- LEGAL - MANATT | PHELPS | PHILLIPS - Laurance Marks
- ASSISTANT TO LAURENCE MARKS - Maritza Martinez
- PAGE JENKINS FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC. - Page Jenkins
- ACCOUNTANT - Rachel Mandel
- CITY NATIONAL BANK - ENTERTAINMENT DIVISION - Ramiro Mendoza
- PAYROLL - ADP - Terrence Walsh
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - ADP - Billy Stanford
- MOMENTOUS INSURANCE BROKERAGE, INC. - Nori Sherman
- TITLE SEARCH & OPINION / SCRIP CLEARANCE - Suzy Vaughan
- CLEARANCE - Ashley Kravitz
- SAG-AFTRA BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVE - Lisa Ford
- SAG-AFTRA FEILD SERVICES - Antoinette de Wolff
- PERMITS - FILM L.A. - Yulizza Ramirez
- SEAN'S HOUSE - Cynthia Gullen
- REHEARSAL SPACE - THE ACTORS COMPANY - Colby Christopher
- SET DESIGN HELP - Sylvia Roberts
- KICKSTARTER - Elisabeth Holm
Risks and challenges
Every film has risk associated with it, but we feel we have reduced these risks because of our highly skilled production team, crew, and support infrastructure. This includes the engagement of legal services, consultation from Millennium Films, and our well connected Executive Producer.
We have also completed the necessary legal steps and hurdles for any proper film to be picked up for distribution including; Liability Insurance, Copyrights, Production Insurance, Errors & Omissions, Filming Permits, Clearance Reports, SAG Contracts, and Title Searches.
With our professional team and all of the proper steps completed, we can confidently make this film a success and secure distribution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)