Thank you for making this project a reality!
We're on the way to donate over 100+ blankets to homeless animals in shelters thanks to your support. If you're interested in picking up a blanket but missed our Kickstarter campaign, check out our website at www.foreverhomeblankets.com
Hi, I'm Terry.
Growing up, I never gave much thought to charity work or social issues. I always thought the way to tackle them was to make lots of money, retire at 65, and figure it out in your spare time.
Well turns out that's full of crap.
There's always something you can do. So in 2015, I started volunteering at an animal rescue once a week cleaning litter boxes and taking photos to help increase adoptions.
Within a few months I wanted to do more.
So I started fostering. (That's when a dog/cat crashes at your home for a few weeks or months until they can find a permanent home.)
In my apartment, there's an airplane blanket that my fosters loved snuggling in. Watching them sleep on a cold and rainy night, I started thinking about the millions of homeless animals that live without the comfort of a blanket.
When an animal is dumped at a shelter they're lonely, miserable, and sleep on cold concrete floors. Because of overpopulation and tight budgets, some shelters even have dogs sleeping outside in the cold.
Studies show and experts agree that a blanket gives an animal a chance to feel warm, safe, and relaxed. This allows potential adopters to see their true personalities which increases their chances for adoption.
More adoptions means less euthanizations which saves lives.
Our mission is to improve the living conditions of homeless animals, increase adoptions, and save lives. We do that by using the buy one, give one model. When you wrap yourself in our blanket, you are also helping a homeless animal stay warm this winter.
Made from premium micro-fleece, our blankets can be used at home, work, or traveling on the road. Starting at $25 USD, each blanket also comes with FREE USA SHIPPING.
For every blanket pledged, we'll donate one to a homeless animal in need.
To date, we've contacted over a dozen shelters and rescue organizations in the United States to receive our matching donations. We are on Kickstarter to raise funds for our first production run of blankets.
Our campaign was funded in five hours. After the first week, we'll be able to donate over 70+ blankets to homeless animals. Thank you for the support!
1. Home: Enjoy a lazy weekend with a cup of coffee on the couch. With our blankets there's no need to get the one in your room that's too big and warm.
2. Office: If your office blasts the air conditioning and it's freezing, our blankets can keep you warm all day and all night.
3. Travel: It gets cold up there at 30,000 feet in the air. With airlines slashing budgets every year, it's nice to have your own blanket to keep you warm while traveling.
4. Outdoors: Going on an adventure in nature? If you need to stay warm in the mountains or by the ocean, our blankets are the perfect size to do the job.
5. Gift: Know a fellow animal lover that would appreciate a gift that has a great story and makes a difference in the world? You've come to the right place!
1. Increases Adoptability: When an animal is dumped at a shelter they feel lonely and miserable. A blanket gives them a chance to feel relaxed, safe, and secure. This allows potential adopters to see their real personalities and imagine them at home. More adoptions means less animals getting euthanized.
2. Frees Up Funds. Instead of spending money on comfort items, organizations can keep their funds for critical supplies such as food and medicine. This increases the impact and efficiency of their budgets.
3. Easy to maintain: Fleece is easy to wash and doesn't have stuffing that animals can destroy or tear apart. It can also be cut into smaller pieces for animals that don't need the entire blanket.
Light, Soft, & Comfy. Weighing less than 400 grams and a compact size of 50" x 60" (127 x 152 cm), it's small enough to be with you at home, the office, or outdoors at a concert. You can also carry this on a plane to stay warm during a flight.
Premium Microfleece. Made from 100% polyester, micro-fleece is used in many clothing and apparel products. It's a friendly alternative to wool that's softer, lighter, and easier to wash.
Double-Sided Anti-Pilling. Pilling is a defect in cheaper fabrics when balls of fiber form after washing and normal use. Both sides of our blankets have an anti-pilling finish, which means it will stay soft and smooth forever.
How big is a throw blanket?
Here's a handy size chart drawn to scale to give you an idea. Our blankets are light and compact enough to carry anywhere you go. Many folks have blankets at home on the couch, at their office desk, or bring it when they travel.
Choose between navy blue or burgundy red for your blanket. FREE USA SHIPPING is included for all backers that live in the 48-lower United States. International shipping starts at +$10 USD.
We are raising money on Kickstarter for our first production run. Our supplier has given us flexibility in minimum orders so our goal is set at $1,000. All of the funds raised in this campaign will go towards manufacturing, shipping, and fulfillment of the rewards.
Every year 8 million pets end up in shelters and 4 million never find a new home. Because of overpopulation, some shelters even have animals sleeping outdoors in the cold.
Our mission is to improve the living conditions of shelter animals, increase adoptions, and save lives. For every blanket you buy, we'll donate one to a homeless animal in need.
A blanket gives an animal a chance to feel warm, safe, and relaxed. This allows potential adopters to see their true personalities and imagine them at home. More adoptions means less euthanizations which saves lives.
Our blankets are made from 100% polyester premium micro-fleece. At a throw size of 50" x 60", they're perfect to keep you warm at home, work, or traveling on the road. Starting at $25, each blanket also comes with FREE USA SHIPPING.
Our expected ship date is early December 2016. We're on Kickstarter raising funds for the first production run. All funds raised will go towards production, logistics, and shipping of the blankets.
- Pledge $1 USD: You are PAWESOME!
- Pledge $25 USD: 1 Blanket (EARLY BIRD, 50 TOTAL)
- Pledge $29 USD: 1 Blanket
- Pledge $49 USD: 2 Blankets (EARLY BIRD, 50 TOTAL)
- Pledge $54 USD: 2 Blankets
- Pledge $79 USD: 3 Blankets
- Pledge $99 USD: 4 Blankets
- Pledged $199 USD: 10 Blankets
Music Credits: Above & Beyond - Small Moments [ANJUNABEATS]
Risks and challenges
So far we've gotten concrete quotes with manufacturing, shipping, and other logistics involved. We've visited the supplier and have been in discussions since April 2016. Please visit the FAQ below for more detailed answers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)