We need your help to make our vision a reality. Thank you for taking the time to discover IT GIRL.
Since Libby McCallister went missing she has become a national icon. Her loyal fan base scours the country in search of her. Libby is the #1 trending story on all social media networks, search engines, and media outlets. Ian, a keen follower of the Libby saga, is about to make the most exciting discovery of his social life.
IT GIRL is a comedic satire set in a near future in which society measures value in "likes" and "♥'s". It is a warning of how social networks can foster extremes of anti-social behaviour.
More cast to be announced soon...
- October 9th: Casting auditions.
- October 19th - 31st: Rehearsals.
- October 31st: End of crowdfunding campaign.
- November 9th-11th: Shooting! :)
- November 12th - December 31st: Post-production.
- January 2016: Distribution and fulfilment of crowdfunding rewards.
Summary Crowdfunder Budget
On completion of IT GIRL, Alison Pym (of Exeter Phoenix) will be leading our festival strategy. She has close ties in the industry and particularly with short film festivals and will help us to maximise the impact and reach of the film.
And finally . . . .
(a sneak peak...!)
and our website: www.itgirlfilm.com
Risks and challenges
Two main risks exist for completing this project to a high standard:
1) We might not identify the right actors for the roles at the initial audition. If this were the case we would have to re-audition for the roles until we feel confident that the cast can fulfil the characters of the script.
2) The script contains 4 locations, it might be difficult to shoot all locations within a 2.5 day shoot. Any prolongations to shooting will incur extra costs of equipment hire. We are doing everything in our power to identify locations close to each other to reduce delays in moving between locations which will help mitigate against this risk. If we do overrun our shooting schedule the extra cost of equipment hire will be self funded by the director.
Without you it would not be possible to make this short film. We are so grateful for your support that we will do everything to make IT GIRL the best film you have ever seen!
Thank you for taking the time to learn about IT GIRL and thank you for choosing to support us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)