OMFG, It's time for MEGACON!
Originally serialized on Filthy Figments, Niki Smith's Crossplay is a love letter to a fandom. The erotic graphic novel for every otaku who's ever had a convention weekend hookup... or just wish they had.
Home from college for the summer, a group of friends-- including cosplay photographer Priya, con pal Emi, lifelong and currently-transitioning friend Lee, crossplayer Sierra, her very supportive boyfriend Tommy, and the mysteriously distracted Jillian-- have reunited at their favorite con.
What begins as two days of simple fun turns into earth-shaking milestones of sexual discovery, confessed crushes, and gender exploration. Over the course of a single weekend, the group uses what they love to figure out who they are, what they want, and what will make them happy.
150 pages of 9" x 6" black-and-pink goodness, Crossplay is unlike any other smutty comic you've ever read. An insider's account of how sexy fandom can really be, it's a classic Smut Peddler Presents GN: sex-positive, consent-driven, and super duper hot.
Iron Circus Comics Kickstarter projects are fulfilled by Blackbox, a fulfillment company from the folks behind Cards Against Humanity! That means international shipping costs for this project will be much lower than we've ever been able to offer before, by as much as 70%. Blackbox manages this by shipping individual orders from within other nations, reducing taxes and fees significantly. Check out our backer levels and see our new shipping fees for yourselves!
Well really, what's left to say? Take a look at a few interior pages and decide form yourself!
In addition to our usual offerings of bookplates, print editions, and PDFs of the Kickstarted title, ICC is pleased to offer backers a full retrospective of Niki Smith's erotic comics! We're providing backer levels for readers to snag not only Crossplay, but samplers of Niki's long and short-form stories.
Back at the $20 level to grab yourself not only a print copy and PDF of Crossplay, but any one of the short comics below (apart from Ink and Delay, which are offered as a set!):
- Up with the Sun. A trans man and his lovers are happy to take turns on a lazy morning in bed. What's mine is yours... Poly/Trans.
- Ink. A woman and her genderqueer tattoo artist share much more than a little ink. Queer.
- Delay. Stuck waiting for her train in the wee hours of the morning, a woman realizes the station may not be as empty as she'd thought... and a pleasurable moment of connection may turn out to be recognition she didn't expect. Straight.
- Candid. Two girls, best friends and lovers, doing their first naughty webcam diary. Go easy on them. They're nervous! Lesbian/Trans.
- Crossplay: Sempai. Best friends with a love of shipping, two girls cosplay the leads from their favorite anime. But as they flirt in-character, their feelings for one another start to show... Lesbian.
- Crossplay: Uniform. Three girls, a pair of school boy uniforms, and a photoshoot... They're not going to forget this con. The precursor of the Crossplay graphic novel! Lesbian/Poly.
- Lion and the Lamb. (Picture coming soon!) Bundled up warm on a cold, winter evening, a woman tastes the spice and honey from her lover's fingertips. Includes an illustrated recipe for Arabian style leg of lamb. Lesbian.
And back at the $25 dollar level to get Crossplay, the Crossplay PDF, and any one of the longer, multi-chapter comics listed here!
- Eleven Days. 3 chapters. A dom and his brat. Some boys love to prod and tease until they get just what they're after. Gay/BDSM.
- Friends. 3 chapters. It started as a film class assignment, but adrenaline, youth, and lust take three friends to a place they had not yet dared to go. As long as the masks stay on, we don't have to look each other in the eye... right? Poly/Bi.
- No Questions. 2 chapters. When most guys find out he's trans, Joe gets intrusive questions and hesitation. That's fine, he's used to it. But sometimes you don't feel like going into your damn life story. So Joe makes a deal with the hottie at the club. Maybe this time will be different. Gay/Trans.
- Rings on her Fingers. 2 chapters. A college student on summer break discovers that there is more than one language to learn in Germany when a woman he meets takes him in hand. Straight/Femdom.
Promo video created by Matt Sheridan and C. Spike Trotman. All art by Niki Smith.
- "5 Sakura Particle Transition" by Chatchawan
- "Flower Flourish Growing" by butlerm
- "Sakura | Cherry Blossom" by VictoryBox
- "White Clouds on a Clear Blue Sky" by KetrinPrize
- "Cutie Lovely Princess" from Nash Music Library
Risks and challenges
This is Iron Circus Comics' FIFTEENTH Kickstarter project. Twelve of our previous projects have been fulfilled and completed, while our thirteenth and fourteenth are in the process as we speak. Our track record speaks for itself!
There's always the danger of past-due fulfillment, printing disasters, and other small hurdles. But rest assured: this ain't our first rodeo.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)