Happy holidays! This is a quick update to thank you for your support this year and a brief project update.
- It took us quite some effort to ready the prototype we showed in the original Kickstarter video for mass manufacturing. We're glad to announce that the Air Guitar Move is now in production. We just returned from a trip to our factory in China and we're glad to announce that we solved the last issues. We received the very first batch of Air Guitar Moves and they work and look very, very good.
- The Air Guitar Move is now being certified for FCC, CE and a bunch of other institutions.
- We demonstrated the Air Guitar Move at SF Beta in November and won the People's Choice Award.
- We don't have a final shipping date yet, but we want you to have the product as soon as possible once the product is certified.
- We focussed on making the hardware reliable and the game still need work. Fortunately, software is easier to upgrade than hardware. We will focus on the software the next few months and would like to use your feedback to improve the software.
- The Air Guitar Move will be sold in retail (in the USA and Canada for certain and we're working on getting the product in Europe, Asia and Australia) in the summer of 2012. That means that you, Kickstarter backers, will have a unique product for the next few months.
- Sealing the guitar pick.
- Colin pretending to build an air guitar. He's not fooling anyone though.
- The finished product