Mekria Online (Canceled)
Mekria Online (Canceled)
Player decisions create a world of consequence. A skill-based video game bringing unique and innovative solutions to the MMO market.
Player decisions create a world of consequence. A skill-based video game bringing unique and innovative solutions to the MMO market. Read more
About this project
We are hard at work continuing to develop Mekria Online. We will reboot this project as soon as we can! To learn a little more about Mekria, please visit www.mekriaonline.com
Mekria Online, where a player's choices create a world of consequence. Dynamic and engaging combat systems allow those that call Mekria home to exact their will in a world torn by betrayal.
Our world is created by a studio that is intimately engaged in its creation. We are a team of gamers, artists, writers, creators and above all dreamers that are galvanized by the challenges and excitement that comes with building a living digital world.
A journey of this magnitude cannot be traveled alone, so join our adventure as we bring Mekria to life and with it a world of change.
A civilization built on the ideals of harmony with nature and the teachings of the Enulthien, the Great Whale. Ruled by the elements of air and water, they believe the Vast were responsible for the revolt of nature and the chaos it has since caused to the world at large. The Chosen are attuned to the elements, communing with nature in hopes of balancing out the world before it destroys their civilization.
A civilization that lost it's attunement to the elements, the Vast turned to science and technology believing it was the only way to power. They uphold collectivism, which shows in their ruthless control over the elements of fire and earth. With the help of technology, the Vast have discovered a new way of harnessing elemental power allowing them to put down nature's revolt.
By forsaking their Allegiance, betrayers side with the enemy and become hunted by the faction they left behind. The consequences of faction betrayal will affect not only you, but the friends you betrayed. Choose wisely.
Betrayer and Redeemed
If you feel that your faction isn’t worthy of your prowess and skills, you may choose to betray them for the rivaling faction. Those who turn on the Chosen are henceforth known as “Betrayers”; those who leave the Vast are then known as the “Redeemed.”
All classes have the ability to fulfill a brand new role in Mekria’s Player vs Environment (PvE) scenarios, which include raids, dungeons, and general gameplay. The unique role of the Subduer is a pivotal element of the party system; they utilize harpoon-like Cross-irons to subdue the enemy, which limits their mobility while also reducing their ability to use high-damage attacks. When faced against large monsters and bosses, the Subduer’s actions also allow their fellow party members to safely climb to more vulnerable parts of the enemy (via the Subduer’s cables or chains) for increased damage output.
We plan to release 5 races and 10 classes at launch with potentially more races to be added as the Kickstarter progresses.
- Andyrai – Ethereal and proud, the Anydrai race focuses on rebalancing the elements and returning the races to a harmonious existence with nature. They consider themselves the spiritual leaders of the Chosen.
- Azritek – A masterful race that came about after fusing the mysticism of magic with the power of technology. They consider themselves the leaders of the Vast.
- Human – The human race is well-received in both factions, due to their resourcefulness and ability to adapt. They excel in both the magical arts and hand-to-hand combat.
- Kraetor – A nomadic race that prizes their craftsmanship with stone and crystal. They are severe isolationists who believe that all things have a spiritual tie with nature. This is strongly reflected in their prowess with the magical and martial arts.
- The Unnamed – A powerful race of magicians, sorcerers, and spear combatants, the Unnamed side themselves with whichever faction meets their studious needs. They are masters of lightning-fast movements and explosive magics.
- Ancestral – A heavily influenced class of shamans and ancestral worshippers who summon ancestors to aid their allies and attack their enemies.
- Dark Arts Assassin – Dark Arts Assassins are ruthless killers who excel at subterfuge and quick strikes. Bound to the will of the Vast, they act without hesitation or empathy.
- Forestal – Agile trackers and beast hunters, the Forestals take refuge in the underbrush and hidden places on the battlefield. They strike with charms and hand-to-hand combat skills leaving no trace of themselves when they vanish.
- Harbinger – The Harbingers are the keepers of dark magics and blasphemous power taken from the god created by the Vast. They excel at raining down darkness upon the battlefield while supporting their allies with damage-increasing spells.
- Liturgist – Masters of the art of the true name and oration, Liturgists excel in turning the tide of war by healing their allies and cursing their enemies with the very fabric of the spoken word.
- Magi – Magi are wielders of air and water, summoning both storm and flood upon their enemies. They are a ranged DPS class who excel at burst damage from afar.
- Necromancer – Necromancers excel in the horrid arts of resurrecting the dead and forcing them to fight on the behalf of their masters. They use their powers over undeath to aid their allies with supportive skills, while their minions tear their enemies apart.
- Oracle – Communers of the Great Whale, Oracles use their faith to heal their allies and divine the dreadful fates of their enemies.
- Teknic – Lords of technology and magic, they marry the fearsome powers of hand-to-hand combat into a dance of raw destruction by harnessing the destructive forces of fire and earth. They are accompanied by a machine fused with a living body that fights by their side.
- War Bringer – A class of totemic fighters who call upon the spirits of direwolf, stag, and lion to aid them in combat. The War Bringers excel in hand-to-hand combat and provoking the enemy, while giving their allies the chance to rain down their wrath upon the unworthy.
Players will experience PVE and PVP through a unique combat system hinged on skill and strategy. We are focusing on a live combat system that is dependent on player skill, doing away with traditional hotkey presses for action. Our system will incorporate dodges, combo’s and impact modifiers in order to establish a truly unique combat experience, relying heavily on each player’s individual skill level.
Player and Boss Interactions
Bosses will pose a unique and difficult challenge to our player base. Players will face off against unpredictable bosses, which means no relying on patterns and timed attacks. This poses a significant threat to the player because the boss will not provide any illuminated indicators that danger is coming. This means that situational awareness is key to avoiding death. Bosses will also be physically scalable, allowing players to attack unique locations for increased damage.
Impact modifiers are class specific skills that cause a significant amount of damage to players and the environment. These skills also cause knockbacks that have the potential to send players flying through destructible elements of Mekria. Impact modifiers also affect large creatures and bosses in the world, each with a unique effect in group and raid content.
Currently, Mekria Online is in a pre-alpha demo stage of development. We have created some key elements on volunteered time and our team has worked long and hard to bring our innovative ideas to life. With Kickstarter, we'll be able to fund development and bring on team members that will help this project come to fruition.
Mekria started in 2012 as an idea based on our team's personal experience. As we began work, we realized technology wasn't quite where we needed it to be. We wanted to make something innovative that the MMO community had never seen before. It wasn't until late 2015 that industry-standard technology caught up to the requirements we were looking for. Everything from the game engine to user PC specs finally met in the middle for us to create a unique user experience in the MMO marketplace. As we began development in 2016, we formed a team strictly on a volunteer basis. As we grew, our team cohesion increased; however, we realized that we need more capital than what we can personally contribute to continue forward. We are adamant about staying true to our cause, fearful that an investor would take our amazing project and turn it into something far and away from our innovative vision. With your crowdfunding support, we know we can deliver the best possible game, with even more content than we had originally planned. Ultimately, Infinity Online Studios chose Kickstarter as a means to help close financial gaps that would otherwise prevent us from delivering a high quality MMO.
Risks and challenges
Risk: Resource Needs
Currently, the team is operating on a volunteer basis, all having a wide range of skill-sets; however, as we continue on, we have realized that we need financial resources to help fill role gaps within the team while maintaining our current staff. Though we appreciate our team members' ability to be flexible, meeting milestones within each phase of the project (iteration) could become difficult without additional talent.
Schedule creep is another potential risk during our development process. As we work through each phase of production, the potential to miss deadlines increases exponentially, causing the team to have to cut corners.
Solution: Resource Needs
The solution to the above risks is to bring on the final key members to round out our team. The additional resources would allow our current team to focus on their primary roles, rather than flex during each iteration.
Risk: Unified Software Solution
The team of Infinity Online Studios has grown during the last year, so much so that software and hardware costs have prevented us from level-setting a unified software solution across the team. We have established workarounds that are sufficient for the time being; however, these will cause issues in the future as we continue further on with development.
Currently, our design software consists of 7 different solutions that each supply a piece to a whole; each piece is then consolidated through 2 or 3 primary solutions. This is not only time-consuming, but a significant hindrance for those unfamiliar with the process.
Solution: Unified Software Solution
There are several solutions that would allow us to maximize our efficiency by removing unnecessary converting, exporting, and importing of assets into our game engine. With financial support, we would purchase the necessary software to expedite our pipelines to be more efficient with our design and development processes.
Risk: Project Scope Planning
The Infinity team has taken on a massive endeavor that will span a 3-year journey. We have consulted with some of the best advisors within the gaming community ranging from publishing companies to AAA studios. All of them have given us amazing advice to guide our next step. We also understand that without proper funding, we won't be able to deliver 100% of the features intended for launch.
Solution: Project Scope Planning
1.) There are several ways to address project scope, the best being solid iteration planning.
2.) Another solution is to identify a minimal viable product and build from a prioritized list of features up to the end of our budget, releasing a finalized product.
3.) Include out-of-scope items in updates and expansions. This is a very common solution, but one we'd like to avoid. It is important to us that we deliver what we say we'll deliver.
Support this project
- (47 days)