Are You The Keymaster?
Preparing for Key Distribution
Paul here with a very quick update on key distribution. Tomorrow (Friday) around mid-day, we're going to disable the backer beta keys. We are doing this for two reasons. First, this will allow beta backers to choose either Steam or GOG for their main game. Second, we need to replace the beta with the release build.
Shortly after the beta goes offline, we are going to begin rolling out emails that will prompt you to log into your backer survey and choose a Bard's Tale IV game key for either Steam or GOG. Just wanted to give you a head's up on that to be watching your inbox (and various other folders) for that email over the next few days. If by Monday you have not received that email for whatever reason, please follow these instructions:
Go to the Crowdox survey:https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv
- Enter the e-mail that you used for Kickstarter (or, if you've changed it, the email you currently use for CrowdOx) and click "Resend Email".
- You'll get an e-mail with the link to your survey. Open it and find "Do you need to make changes or want to add an extra item?"
- Click on the “Open Your Survey” link below in this email. This is right below your Balance. This will open your survey up in a new browser window.
- Open it and scroll down to find "Do you need to make changes or want to add an extra item?"
- Click "Open Your Survey" there.
- Then (important and easy to miss!), please click "Reward" tab on top left of the survey.
- Scroll down and find “The Bard's Tale IV” and select your GOG or Steam key.
- Complete the survey by clicking through each of the tabs (the buttons are on the bottom of each page) until you get the confirmation.
- Once you do so, a key will be generated for you and sent to you in a separate email.
For whenever you receive your key, you can follow these instructions to make your key active:
IMPORTANT NOTE: While you will be able to activate your game key, the game will not be playable until 9 AM PST on September 18th when the game goes live!
Thank you again for helping us to get this far! The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is almost here! We would like to ask you for one more favor: our ability to continue creating in-depth RPGs has always gone hand in hand with you helping us to spread the word. We would be very grateful if you would support us even further by sharing your positive views of the game if you are enjoying it. We'll be in touch again on launch day, and to help tide you over as you wait for the key, check out the game's launch trailer if you haven't seen it yet!
Until Next Time,
Public Relations & Community Manager