FRANKENSTEIN is a fast-moving strategy game for 2-5 players ages 10 and up that takes 30-40 minutes to play… a monster-building game!
Play mad scientists competing to be the first to create life through the power of alchemy. Each turn, you may buy the offered body part, sell to an anatomist for a meager profit, or auction it, trying to get a better deal or rip off you opponents. You might be lucky and get a coffin with a weakling’s cadaver in it; or your involvement in the macabre trade might invoke the villager’s wrath.
The events mini-expansion introduces new elements in the game where players will be affected by misfortunes or will get small advantages depending on what can happen to the villagers' anger.
The events are presented in a small board guided by a marker that will be a fantastic bust of Frankenstein. The bust will be produced in limited units, is a piece of resin 50mm (1,96") height, hand painted in bone finish.
There's also, in a very limited way, a special edition with the bust of Frankenstein hand painted by the expert hands of Marta The Monster Box. It takes a lot of time to paint the bust with this level of detail, one by one, so we can offer only a limited batch of this collector item.
The deluxe edition also contains a special booklet that simulates the look of an ancient book with illustrations from the time when Dr. Frankenstein was situated, as well as the mini-expansion rules, design sketches and game art.
People is enjoying the game since it's very first version:
Note: All video reviews included correspond to the prototype of this edition and the materials shown are not final. Some text reviews or quotes correspond to previous versions of the game; this new edition comes with a new atmosphere and art, so we consider it important to highlight them.
- Looks amazing! Creating the Mary Shelley's iconic monster is even better with the fantastic art of David G. Forés. Apart of the art, we will take a lot of care in production using premium components, like we did on our previous games.
- It's fun for all ages! Playing Frankenstein is a fun, exciting and suitable game for all audiences, whether they are great players, casual players or families with children.
- Exclusive contents: By supporting the Kickstarter campaign you can get unique content that will only be produced for our patrons, such as the fantastic Frankenstein miniature with the mini-expansion and the special "Dr. Frankenstein notebook".
- It's well tested and ready to play: Frankenstein is the third version of the original game of Yehuda Berlinger, it's extensively tested and we created this new version to recover a great game with a new and amazing atmosphere.
- You can trust: We have created and published more games in the past on Kickstarter so you can trust on our experience from the design to production and worldwide fulfillment. Our goal is always a proud backer!
Worldwide shipping: Our utmost responsibility, is to comply with our promise to produce and ship the product right to your home. This is why it would be imprudent to promise free or cut price delivery, so far removed from the real delivery costs involved. However, part of the international shipping cost is subsidized.
The shipping cost with discount applied is 7€ for UE/UK, 8€ for USA, 10€ for Canada and 12€ for the rest of the world.
By now we have shipped all kinds of products in different campaigns to countries all around the world, so it is part of the process which we know well.
This game is EU friendly and USA friendly. All the EU games will be shipped from within the EU.
A few years ago I got my hands on a fun game called It's Alive! Although it was an amateur edition, the game immediately hooked us up, offering us lots of fun with friends and family. That little edition ended up disappearing, and the author decided to offer a different version dedicated to Hanukkah, Candle Quest. After a long time wearing down the early initial edition, we decided to rescue the classic and give it an edition at the height it deserves: a new and fascinating art by the expert hand of David G. Forés, a careful and professional edition with premium components, and new content such as the events mini-expansion that will make the games even more fun. In addition, this mini-expansion is accompanied by an exclusive piece: a fantastic bust of the monster, hand-painted, that cannot be missing from your collection!
Invedars is an independent board games company from Barcelona, in Europe. We are the publishers of Ambar, Big Bang 13.7, Cthulhu Crusades and Castlecards, all them produced with the help of our backers on Kickstarter and local crowdfunding platforms. You can trust on us, as we are experienced on Kickstarter production and worldwide fulfillment.
- Game Design: Yehuda Berlinger
- Art: David G. Forés
- Sculpture: Marta The Monster Box
- Publisher: Invedars
Share the monster badge!
Risks and challenges
Producing a board game is a complex task, but we have enough experience to plan all the steps properly as we have done in our previous crowdfundings:
In order to avoid possible delays, we have already advanced 95% of the art and design work and we have prepared the miniature moulds.
We have published and sent our previous games to backers from all around the world, so that each project allows us to gain experience to improve our efficiency and take care of our backers as much as possible. In addition, we strive to be as transparent as possible in communicating project progress and shipment status.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)