"Gray Dawn Makes you a Priest Seeking Absolution", Rely on Horror
Comments from Steam Greenlight:
The game builds around the story of a priest who is suspected of murdering one of his altar boys who went missing a few days ago. The young boy was severely sick, experiencing inhuman behavior, so the priest chose an exorcism. However, the exorcism apparently failed and the boy jumped out of the window. No corpse was ever found.
Gray Dawn is a first person horror game that involves puzzle solving, exploring both real and unreal worlds. Concerning the style, we didn't wanted to go for the classic recipe of the horror: gore. In this game you won't fight zombies, you won't smash huge alien kind of monsters. We used more of a psychological touch.
We are inspired by old horror games, like Alone in the Dark, first Silent Hill games or Resident Evil and newer titles: Amnesia , The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Silent Hills (P.T.). The environments will have story driven puzzles. We want to make a game that will mess with your feelings, defying the mundane logic.
Probably the most exciting part about this game is that we created a large part of it by putting together parts of our personal stories from our childhood. It is more of an introspective search. Our most unexplainable experiences as children drove us to create an image of paradise. The horror you will experience is the horror that we found in the Grimm's Brothers fairy tales when we were children. Basically, it is a bedtime story, both beautiful and scary.
In terms of mechanics, Gray Dawn may have a strong narrative aspect but it won't be a "walking simulator". We will surprise you with every step you take further in the game.
Also, an Epic Game, needs an Epic Engine, and that's why we are using Unreal Engine 4.
In order to make Gray Dawn even better, we have a few things in mind:
- Scanning a few forgotten historical monuments (photogrammetry);
- Hire an orchestra to create the Gray Dawn soundtrack;
- Motion capture animations;
- Support for PS4, XBox, VR. Currently we are working on the PC version.
For the second stretch goal, we have some ideas, but we are open to suggestions!
Kickstarter is a great way of knowing whether or not people would be interested in this kind of game. It is also a great way to get visibility. Last but not least, we need your support to make this happen!
This is how we plan to use the funds from kickstarter:
We are three guys: 2 programmers (Eduard Bursuc, Răzvan Sandu) and one 3D artist (George Remus). We worked together in the same company that produced mobile apps. In time we turned our attention towards game development. We started to produce small games for android and iOS. Then, we decided to make something more daring, something bigger !
Risks and challenges
1. One of the risks with any project of this type is that it may take longer than expected. We will do our best to make sure that Gray Dawn will be delivered on time.
2. Another risk is that certain features that we're planning right now might not make it in the final game. These risks will not affect our ability to finish the game!
3. The main challenge is that this is our first attempt to create a PC Game. We have experience only with creating mobile games.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)