We haven’t posted anything for quite some time, but we want you to know that we have been working very hard on all the aspects of the Neuroon. You asked us to report on the status of the delivery of masks to you, our Kickstarter backers, and as of today it looks like this:
We have delivered 233 masks to 201 backers. The total number of masks that were ordered via Kickstarter is 1,681.
You will surely be asking why these numbers are so small, so please give us an chance to explain. We truly apologize for the delays, and are extremely grateful for your continued patience. Here is an explanation of why our deliveries haven't been running as well as we planned:
The main reason is that we have encountered significant capacity problems. We also encountered several problems with the machine that tests the components of the mask. Each part of the Neuroons sensor pack (Neuroon smartpack) needs to be tested so that we can ensure that you receive a properly functioning product. The testing machine has a limited capacity and when it stops working, as it has for several reasons, we cannot prepare a mask for you. Testing is the final stage of production - after that we pack the Neuroon in the box and DHL picks it up from the factory that is located in Poland.
So, what are we going to do about it? Starting next week, we plan to enhance the capacity of our testing device to 300 Neuroons per week, and some time after that we will try again to increase capacity even higher. When everything is running smoothly we hope to produce 1,000 Neuroons per week - this is our goal.
We know that you already have been very patient with us but we really hope for your understanding as we go through these growing pains. You can read several opinions here or in the AppStore about the Neuroon from people who have started using it. So far everybody is very happy and excited with the product. We never wanted to deliver you a device that wasn’t fully tested, just to make it on time. You helped us a lot so you deserve the best quality and best sleep experience we can deliver.
What else is going on with the Neuroon?
1. First of all, our developers are working 24/7 on the next updates of both the iOS and Android versions of the Neuroon companion app. We are fixing some bugs but mostly adding new functionalities to the app so you can use it more easily and intuitively. We are also focusing on the software update process so that you can easily download the newest programs directly into your mask.
2. Secondly, we went to the CES 2016 Technology exhibition in Las Vegas and exhibited the Neuroon. During this event we had a chance to show the final version of the Neuroon to the world of technology enthusiasts, investors and journalists.
3. Our customer portal is also changing for you. You can see that we redesigned the look and feel so that it matches with our official website. What is up now is temporary and a totally new customer portal will be developed and released in the upcoming weeks.
4. Soon (probably this week) we will also launch the Japanese language version of Neuroon.com so that our Japanese customers have an easy way to get to know the Neuroon.
5. We would also like to share with you the latest publication of Neuroon news in the media: http://www.gizmag.com/neuroon-smart-sleep-mask-light-therapy/41499/ We hope to see more of that soon :)
6. We also kindly invite you to follow Neuroon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Neuroon/ We started a special series #MasterYourSleep where you can get advice and tips on how to sleep better.
7. Last but not least please remember to add your phone number to your order. Many of you didn’t do that and it’s a necessity with our shipper DHL. Please go to my.neuroon.com - Neuroon Customer Portal and log in. There, in the bracket with your order, you will find a special button: ADD PHONE NUMBER. Click it, search the country code and put your phone number, then confirm it below and finally click SAVE. That’s it :)
Fingers crossed for the biggest possible capacity of our testing device!