We go into detail about this in our campaign update “Coffee Nerd-out #1: Let’s Talk Filtration”, so if you like to dig deep, that’s where you’ll find the juicy details. If you just want to know the difference between the possible add-on filters, read on.
Standard metal plate filter (comes with SteepShot)
· Drains fast, which gives you better control over the brewing time
· Lets oils and some sediment pass through
· Durable and easy to clean
Tim Wendelboe metal plate filter
· Same benefits as the standard metal plate filter
· Sleek TW logo
· Tim Wendelboe’s stamp of approval
Metal mesh filter
· All benefits as metal plate filters
· Ari’s personal favorite in regards of taste.
· Drains a little slower with finer grind settings.
· Less sediment than the metal plate filter.
· Durable and easy to clean.