Add-ons are for those of you who find something missing in your pledge. If that is the case, all you need to do is add the appropriate amount to your pledge. This can be done either when you first register or afterwards if you change your mind.
No extra shipping is needed for any of the add-ons.
· Extra SteepShot + 650 NOK
· Extra standard metal plate filter + 170 NOK
· Tim Wendelboe metal plate filter + 185 NOK
· Metal mesh filter + 180 NOK
· Early Duo Pledge (1000,- + shipping)
· Extra SteepShot (650,- shipping included)
· Total pledge: 1.650,- + original pledge shipping
We go into detail about this in our campaign update “Coffee Nerd-out #1: Let’s Talk Filtration”, so if you like to dig deep, that’s where you’ll find the juicy details. If you just want to know the difference between the possible add-on filters, read on.
Standard metal plate filter (comes with SteepShot)
· Drains fast, which gives you better control over the brewing time
· Lets oils and some sediment pass through
· Durable and easy to clean
Tim Wendelboe metal plate filter
· Same benefits as the standard metal plate filter
· Sleek TW logo
· Tim Wendelboe’s stamp of approval
Metal mesh filter
· All benefits as metal plate filters
· Ari’s personal favorite in regards of taste.
· Drains a little slower with finer grind settings.
· Less sediment than the metal plate filter.
· Durable and easy to clean.
The general rules are as follows:
· The coarser you grind, the longer the steep time.
· If it tastes good to you, it is good. Period.
· Experiment and have fun
What we prefer is the convenience and clean taste of a short extraction. Therefore, we grind rather fine and steep for only 30 seconds. You might find, however, that the longer steep time of a coarser grind gives you a more reliable result.
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.