Hardware and Software Progress Update
Thank you for your continuous patience and support! We are working on the redesign of some parts of the hardware, and we’d also like to update you on our progress for the software side.
As we mentioned last time, we have been redesigning some of the critical parts of Vinci 2.0:
1. The parts that connect the OLED screen with the main body. This part is optimized so that the OLED screen is an integral part of the whole body.
2. The joint part that provides flexibility for better ergonomics and wearing comfort. This part is done to optimize the contact pressure on the neck. We modified the design of the Head-frame from one part to three parts at the corner that deforms.
3. The tooling design.
On the software side, we’d like to let you know that we have completed most of the major functions and are also actively testing the features.
1. Redesign with a new UI
2. Importing songs
3. Spotify song queries with voice command (need Spotify account)
4. Most Alexa features (need Amazon account)
5. SoundCloud queries with voice command
6. Weather, Wiki, and Reminders with voice command
7. Companion App version 1.0 for iOS and Android
Please see below for a short video showing the new UI design.
To be completed:
1. Integration of Strava
2. Advanced features for sports, including milestone achievements, reminders, etc.
3. More advanced features for the Companion App.
Thank you all for your patience and support! More updates to come!