Shipping / Tracking Update
First off I apologize. I know that a lot of you are annoyed and frustrated that you haven't received your game yet. I am honestly so sorry it has taken this long. I have never had issues like this compounding on each other and I am managing them as efficiently as possible. Getting these games to you has been, and continues to be, my top priority. I plan to release more games through Kickstarter and pissing off my supporters is the last thing I want to do.
"Send From China" has the remaining orders and is pre-paid to get them to you. The "shipping notifications" has been rectified so you will receive an email when the game is sent out. If you haven't received a notification yet, you will, please continue to be patient as they are supposed to be shipping any time!
Background of delays:
- The increased production time of the PVC cards meant that I had to air-ship product to Europe for EU fulfilment and Essen (which is booked a year in advance).
- It also meant that I changed fulfilment plans to get everyone else their games in what I thought was the fastest way possible - cut off the long ocean freight and air-ship direct from China (after getting recommendations for Send From China).
- Unfortunately on the EU side, the manufacturer only put 720 units on the pallet, not the 1,000 I asked for. And of those units they put nearly half retail versions which doesn't help me for backer fulfilment (95% backed premium).
- Meanwhile the rest of the production was finished but they did not ship it out as the manufacturer was preparing for, and then attending Essen. (This annoyed me but ended up "working out," as I asked them to check all the orders after seeing some games in the EU were missing cards.)
- I offered Essen pick up for any backers going and expected the EU order the ship once the craziness of Essen died down. (I had no way of knowing the truckers and warehouse staff would take a break, and get sick delaying these orders.)
- Once the units at the manufacturer were checked those for fulfilment were immediately moved to the fulfilment centre where I believed they would send out quickly (as advertised). Apparently there were issues with the backer list uploading and they had to re-submit it multiple times. (And then check that submissions weren't duplicated!)
- Once this was done they logged and "prepared for the units" meaning printing labels, and planning packaging. It is a pre-pay system and it took a while trying to get my financial institution to work with the wire details. It took so long that I transferred funds via Paypal which they immediately used for "storage and packing" (don't get me started on paying storage for games that are supposed to be shipping.) So I had to transfer more funds around and through the accounts as the wire details still were not working (Look into CNAPs code for Chinese banking and explain to me why my side needs it, but their side can't tell me what the number is - not even a direct call to anyone's bank!!! Oh and I know what it IS, I just don't know why they don't!)
- With the details uploaded and cash in the account I was confident the items would move while I was preparing for and at PAX (another reason I couldn't offer PAX pick up - They had them and the shipping details for so long I thought they would be in the mail. And "cancelling" an order after it was packed isn't possible - again not sure why it's an option if it doesn't work.)
- I have had numerous lengthy emails trying to get more information and confirmed shipping timelines but I get answers like "We are sparing no efforts to get them out asap. You know December is the peak seson for Xmas."
- I finally heard back from my account manager's supervisor and she "explained" why more funds were disappearing than items shipping, and that the remaining items would be shipping as fast as possible.
- The ocean freight is still in transit, so so far this option has been "faster" but still very disappointing, and not a route I will use in the future.
I do care what you think. I do care about your Kickstarter experience. I hope that those of you who have joined me on previous campaigns can attest to the heart that I put into this. I have not paid myself a dime for my work. I have not wasted any of your pledge money. I have not taken your support for granted. And I am not trying to make excuses. I just want you to know that I am trying to get you your game as fast as possible, and this has been keeping me up late trying to communicate "clearly" with China. Every message and comment (positive and negative), I read and take very personally, and I am sorry if I haven't responded to yours yet, there is just a flood of them.
I thank you for being patient this long, and I trust that once you have the game in your hands it will be worth the wait. If any of you get your game and are still unhappy with me or the game please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will refund your pledge.
I'm sorry this shipping fiasco has tainted your KS experience with me. I have learned from it, and it will not happen again. I can only hope the quality of the game and your experience playing Gorus Maximus will cheer you up, and help you to forget this painful wait.