1,000+ Backers & Stretch Goals Added
Origins was a great success, and allowed us to prove that the game works just as well at 2 players as it does at 8. Check out your favourite board game media creators and a good number of them should have, or will mention it :)
Thoughts from Origins
Keep your eyes out on boardgamegeek for their live stream footage as well!
Re-entry into the arena (Follow Up!)
I apologize for any questions or messages that I haven't responded to yet. (And I have fallen behind on thank you notes - yours is coming!) I was so, so busy at Origins and will be responding in these next few days. Here are a few quickie answers:
- The "2 Go Tuck Box" will hold the cards needed for a 2 to 5 player game, as well as new Crowd Support Cards for scoring, and sleeves.
- The card size is 57x88mm (standard bridge size, as you hold 10 cards in your hand, and poker size cards would be too large.)
- Yes you can mix and match different versions of the game in your pledge. The pledge manager after the campaign is over will clarify what exactly you had pledged for.
- At this time a game mat is unlikely. The cost, both in manufacturing and especially in shipping, is VERY prohibitive.
- There is no need for a "first player marker" as the player who won the last trick will lead the next trick. You would spend more time moving the marker than you would contributing a card :)
- Rule translations, and spelling/grammar. If you see issues, please let me know. If you would like to volunteer to translate the rules into a language not listed, please message me. For now, English, French and German will be included in the box. And the others available digitally.
New Stretch Goals!!!
The campaign's early success allowed me to meet with the manufacturer while at Origins and we have added 3 more stretch goals to the premium version of the game. If we hit them all this game will be "blinged out" to a crazy extent!!
As of the writing of this update, Blackcore cards are unlocked and we are moving on to card sleeves!
Those of you from past campaigns know that I like to share a little bit about my family at the bottom of each update. If this interests you, great :) If it doesn't, don't feel bad skipping this part, there will be nothing relating to the game or campaign below these family bits!!
So Origins was wonderful, but long, and I really, really missed my family. Needless to say, I am very happy to be home with these munchkins!