DungeonMorphs Revenge - RPG Dungeon Dice & Cards
More sets of DungeonMorph Dice - connectable mini-dungeon designs on dice. Plus matching cards, battlemat-style PDFs, and more.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, May 24 2019 3:00 AM UTC +00:00.
Whether you haven't seen DungeonMorph dice & cards before or you & your players have conquered some already, they're back, improved, and ready for new adventures...
Dungeon & Cavern Designs! On Dice! On Cards! & More!
Use them to:
- Run impromptu dungeons and caverns for a role-playing game.
- Design an adventure's dungeon or cavern beforehand.
- Inspire you as you create an adventure location.
- Use them as maps for a solo or co-op adventure. (Mythic, D100 Dungeon, 4 Against Darkness, Ironsworn, etc.)
- Annoy other players as you roll the dice and make pretty dungeons while you wait your turn. :)
Check below for several unlocked and soon to be unlocked stretch goals! (Bonus dice, coasters, & PDFs)
DungeonMorph dice & cards will remind many long-time gamers of the classic dungeon geomorph booklets of dungeon maps. The spirit of these have been carried on by a number of illustrators/cartographers who create new, inter-connectable 10x10 geomorph fragments for anyone to use. The designs follow a format innovated by Dyson Logos which has corridors on the 3rd & 8th square of each side.
This new Kickstarter is to create three new sets of 5 dice each with a different design on each side of each die. (90 designs in all.) As with the original DungeonMorphs Kickstarter, two sets will be dungeon designs and one will be caverns.
Like our prior DungeonMorph projects, we will also make a matching deck of 90 2.5" cards, which will have all the designs from all 15 dice as well as mirrored versions of the front design on the back for even more combinations.
Stretch goals will include bonus dice, cards, room descriptions, and more!
We will also have a set of fonts with all the new designs, as we did with the prior dice & card sets. You can literally type out a dungeon!
New for this Kickstarter is a deck of 45 10" battlemat style cards. These will have all 90 dungeon and cavern designs from this project, but to keep the cost down it will have a second design on the back instead of a mirrored version of the front design as the 2.5" cards have. The 10"x10" cards will be printed on 330gsm cardstock with a dry-erase finish.
We're also going to make a 100+ page B&W book with details for each design (see updates 7 & 8 for sample drafts) if we make our *18,750 & $20,000 stretch goals. If you're interested, add $15 to your pledge for the softcover version and $25 for the hardcover version. These descriptions are perfect if you're wondering about the purpose of a design and how the rooms could relate to each other. We'll even include short alternate descriptions to improve the reusability of each design.
Prior Dice Sets & Card Decks
As part of this Kickstarter, you can also pick up the original three dice sets and/or the matching cards. The city, village, and ruined city dice sets and matching card decks from our second Kickstarter are available as well. Note that if you were part of our original dungeon/cavern DungeonMorphs Kickstarter, the dice designs have been upgraded--they have a prettier stone pattern and the dice themselves have better shape.
To sum up, the following are available:
- 3 new dice sets (2 dungeons, 1 cavern set), a matching set of 2.5"x2.5" cards, a matching font, and a matching set of 10"x10" battlemat style cards. Each card set and the font have all 90 designs from all 3 dice sets. There is also a PDF of the 2.5" cards and one of the 10" cards.
- Also available are our 3 original dungeon & cavern dice sets. (2 dungeon sets, 1 cavern set; 5 dice each). The dice have been upgraded since our original Kickstarter with a prettier stone pattern. These dice sets also have a single set of 90 matching 2.5"x2.5" cards (and PDF) and a matching font. (But no 10"x10" cards.)
- Likewise, our city, village, and ruined city dice sets (5 dice each) are available through the Kickstarter. They too have a matching set of 90 2.5"x2.5" cards (and PDF) and a matching font. (But no 10"x10 cards.)
- Three different sets of 5 dice each, with a different design on each side of each die. (90 geomorph designs.)
- 25mm (just about 1 inch cube) dice. 1" dice have enough space to show a 10x10 grid with good detail.
- White die with a black design. The design will be engraved into the die, so it will not wear off.
- The designs will have a small letter on each side to differentiate the dice and make it easy to jot down the position of each design so you can set them back up easily.
Notes about Rewards
- You will pick the specific sets of dice, cards, etc. you want through our pledge manager after the Kickstarter ends.
- If you want just the 3 new dice sets, pick the $50 reward. If you missed our cities, ruined cities, and villages set or the original dungeons & caverns set, pick the $95 6 dice sets reward. If you missed all of them, pick the $135 9 dice sets Kickstarter to get them all!
- If you want all the new stuff, pick the $115 reward and you'll be able to get the 3 new dice sets, the new 2.5" cards, and the new 10" battlemats. Add $5 if you also want the new font files.
Our reward packages have some discounts baked in because packages make it easier for shipping, but you can add any product for the following amounts:
- 100+ page B&W book with details for each design (see updates 7 & 8): $15 softcover, $25 hardcover. (Assuming we make our $18,750 & $20,000 stretch goals.)
- Any one dice set: $18 each.
- Any one 2.5"x2.5" card deck: $18 each.
- Add the new 10" battlemat deck: $55.
- Add a deck of 600 cardstock minis (on 100 perforated cards) & 32 stands: $15.
- Add one font set (we'll have 3 sets: 1 with the new dungeon/cavern designs, 1 with the city/village/ruined city designs, and 1 with the original dungeons/caverns): $5 each.
- Add one old-school blue style PDF (there will be 3: 1 with the new dungeon/cavern designs, 1 with the city/village/ruined city designs, and 1 with the original dungeons/caverns): $5 each, but included for with any matching 2.5" card deck you select. Also one blue style PDF is included for every 3 sets of dice you select if we make our $17,500 stretch goal.
- Add the PDF of the 10" battlemats: $10.
- Add all the digital products (the font set from this campaign and the two font sets form our prior two Kickstarters, the 2.5" PDFs from this campaign and the two from our prior two Kickstarters, plus digital versions of the 10" cards from this campaign): $20.
Shipping will be charged after the Kickstarter via our pledge manager. Each dice set is about .25 lbs, each 90 2.5" card deck is around .33 lbs, each 10" card deck is about 2.5 lbs; Below are our expected shipping rates:
- US Shipping: Included!
- Canada Shipping: up to .5 lbs: $10; .6 to 2.0 lbs: $17; 2.1 to 3.0 lbs: $26; 3.1+lbs: $39
- EU: up to .5 lbs: $14; .6 to 2.0 lbs: $23; 2.1 to 3.0 lbs: $39; 3.1+lbs: $60
- Australia/NZ: up to .5 lbs: $14; .6 to 2.0 lbs: $23; 2.1 to 3.0 lbs: $35; 3.1+lbs: $52
- Elsewhere: please ask via a comment or private message.
Unfortunately we don't know what Brexit will do to our EU shipping. The above numbers should be similar even if Brexit occurs. But Brexit has complicated shipping products to a distributor in the UK, because orders to the rest of Europe from the UK could have extra costs. Likewise, if we used a mainland EU distributor, orders to the UK could have extra costs. Therefore, when pledging please understand that you will likely pay VAT.
This is where this project will really come alive! You'll get extra dice, cards, PDFs, and other goodies as the project grows, without needing to pay for add-ons. Spread the word to let others know about the project. As a reward for inviting others, the project gets better for everyone.
$16,250 - Everyone pledging for the 3 new dice sets will get a bonus die. (A random duplicate of a die from one of the sets.) - Unlocked!
$17,500 - Everyone pledging for the 3 new dice sets or the new 90-card 2.5" card deck gets the battlemat PDF at no extra cost. - Unlocked!
$18,750 - We'll write up ideas for each of the rooms on each design. The write up will give you a description of each design's rooms' intended purpose, who and what might be there, etc. Everyone backing the project for $10 or more will get this at no extra cost. - Unlocked!
$20,000 - Alternate ideas for each design and random lists will be added to our write ups for each design. (The PDF in the $18,750 stretch goal.) The lists will focus on something unusual about the design/description. Ex: If it has an altar, it may be a list of special powers the altar has. - Unlocked!
$21,250 - Everyone pledging for any physical reward will get 2 3.5"x3.5" pulpboard coasters/beermats. These will have DungeonMorph designs in the blue line-art style and be on a .25" grid so they are compatible with the DungeonMorph 2.5" cards. - Unlocked!
$22,500 - Everyone pledging for the 3 new dice sets will get a 2nd bonus die. (A random duplicate of a die from one of the sets.) - Unlocked!
$23,750 - Everyone pledging for any physical reward will get 2 more 3.5"x3.5" pulpboard coasters/beermats. These will be blank except for a .25" grid--compatible with the DungeonMorph 2.5" cards. - Unlocked!
$25,000 - Everyone who backs for the 3 new sets of dice will get an new, different bonus die. This will be a different die from any other in any of the sets we've created. The 2.5" and 10" PDFs will have these added as well.
$26,250 - The 90 card 2.5" cards will be expanded to 96 cards with the entrance designs.
$27,500 - The 10" cards will have 3 cards added to accommodate the 6 additional entrance designs.
Tim Ballew: One of the early adopters of the 10x10 geomorph format, Tim ran the Risus Monkey blog for several years before running off to join the circus (not precisely, but he is an avid flying trapeze enthusiast). An lifelong game master since first cracking open his D&D red box, he's now training his boys to follow in his footsteps.
Keith Curtis: An artist & cartographer, Keith has worked for many companies in the RPG industry, including nearly 10 years with Inkwell Ideas. He'll be bringing our designs to life as battlemats. He is also an actor of many voices, including the voice in our video.
Matt Jackson: Matt is a retired Army veteran with 23 years of service, now working in the medical industry. He is a life-long gamer, storyteller, game master, and cartographer. Matt occasionally updates his blog at msjx.org.
Sigurd B. Johansson\Brutus Motor: A single father to a three year old ghost cat, Sigurd is of no importance. He was introduced to roleplaying games back in 1989, and has been an avid player (and GM) ever since. Being the Norwegian of the group, he spends most of the cold time of year inside, where reading the same GURPS book over and over keeps him mostly sane.
Shane Knysh: Shane created the site Fictitious Entry as he too posted some of the early 10x10 map geomorphs.
Dyson Logos: Dyson runs the blog/website Dyson's Dodecahedron and Patreon where he posts maps and RPG resources regularly. He has worked with many publishers over the years.
Adrian J. Stone: "AJ" did the final art for the city, village, and ruined city DungeonMorph cards. He was doing early 10x10 map geomorphs through his blog/website StoneWerks.
Joe Wetzel: Joe created Inkwell Ideas, which makes Worldographer (the replacement to Hexographer), Dungeonographer, Cityographer, as well as Sidequest Decks and other card decks. Of course, DungeonMorph Dice & Cards are also from Inkwell Ideas.
Video Music: Serpentine Trek Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Risks and challenges
Inkwell Ideas has done several Kickstarters, and we get better with each one. Our most recent (3 New Sidequest Decks) delivered on time. We've also done two prior DungeonMorph Kickstarters. While those ran a little late, everyone got their rewards and we now have more experience working with our partners to deliver on time.
We're working with a major dice manufacturer for the dice, and if something were to happen to them, we could work with others. We've had the cards printed by another company we've used several times before, but likewise we can work with others if needed. We have several designers on board so if anyone gets behind other designers can pick up the slack.
If a catastrophe occurs which prevents us from using the above back-up plans, Inkwell Ideas has no debt and can refund pledges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter