About this project
$40,000 - Extra Laces for your INKKAS! Be sure to order some extra laces with different colors to suit your style! Laces are $5 per pair. Add them to your existing order by adding $5 to your pledge!
$50,000 - Handmade Backpacks! Add $25 to an order and pick out one of 3 amazing handmade backpacks. We've got two handmade with beautiful Guatemalan textiles and an eco-friendly backpack made of upcycled burlap!
Inkkas is a team of dreamers. Our dream is to wander through the world finding the most beautiful local patterns and designs and working with local artists and artisans to make new clothing come true.
We believe that a true clothing brand is authentic, original and ethical, that's why we donate to local causes in the places we work.
From the beginning, Inkkas set out to be a company that would have a beneficial impact on the world, not an exploitative one. The company was founded on the principles of fair trade, philanthropy and authenticity.
The Inkkas company maintains its roots in South America, where it conducts all production, sourcing and manufacturing by hand. As part of its dedication to helping, the company makes the following promises to all customers:
- Use authentic South American textiles
- Made in South America by South Americans
- Help support local South American communities
Don’t just buy a product, buy a piece of a better world!
1. 100% Handcrafted by local artisans in Peru. Each shoe is skillfully handcrafted at our family owned workshop in Peru. When you buy an Inkkas shoe, you are buying a handmade product!
2. Made with authentic South American textiles. Inkkas shoes are made using only high-quality authentic South American textiles (called “mantas”) sourced directly from local artisans in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina.
3. Fair Trade. When you buy a pair of Inkkas shoes you are not just buying a product - you are buying a small piece of a better world. Inkkas respects and follows the principles of the fair trade movement and is committed to ensuring the health, happiness and well-being of its workers.
4. Cut, Sewn & Stitched by Hand. Every pair of Inkkas are cut, sewn and stitched by hand at the Inkkas family workshop in Peru. Inkkas shoes are made using traditional shoe making techniques that have been around for centuries. Reinforced stitching ensures that our product lasts for decades.
5. Quality craftsmanship lasts longer and creates less waste. Chances are that the shoes you are wearing are mass-manufactured in factories that purposefully make low-quality products that wear out quickly, so you need to buy new products every few months. This is part of an extremely wasteful practice known as "planned obsolescence." Unlike other brands that mass-manufacture low quality products in wasteful factories, Inkkas still believes in making a high-quality, handmade product at an affordable price.
6. Vacuum Sealed Sole. The sole is the most important part of a shoe, if it comes apart then the whole shoe comes apart. Unlike most brands, Inkkas are made with a high-quality one piece sole construction that is vacuum sealed to the shoe. So it will never come off even if you try your hardest to detach it - feel free to give it a shot!
7. Supports local economy and community in South America. Everything on our shoes from the fabric, the laces, tags, labels, threads and the soles are all locally produced in South America. So when you buy an Inkkas shoe you are supporting communities and artisans all over South America!
8. Comfortable. Inkkas are not only beautiful they are also comfortable. Inkkas are made with a super soft padded interior lining that adds an extra layer of comfort to our shoes. Many Inkkas owners tell us that Inkkas are the most comfortable shoes they own!
9. Authentic. Original. Ethical. We treat every shoe that passes through our workshop as a piece of art. Each shoe is given the personal touch and attention of a skilled artisan and the seal of approval of our quality team. When you buy an Inkkas shoe you are buying a piece of South American art for your feet!
10. Vegan? No problem! Our Original Collection is 100% Vegan, made with zero animal by-products. Our New 2014 Collection features several new Vegan model as well.
At Inkkas, we’re sharing the beauty of South American textiles with the world. We’ve come to the Kickstarter community to ask for your help to launch our NEW 2014 COLLECTION while at the same time maintaining our integrity as an independent company.
We believe its possible to grow while remaining a socially responsible, independent, locally-sourced company and we are asking the Kickstarter community to help us prove it!
Support our launch and we’ll reward you with a discount on our Original Collection or the opportunity to be the first in the world to buy our NEW 2014 COLLECTION! We are also offering a special Limited Edition Kickstarter Color called STORM - check it out!
If you truly want to show your support - buy the $10,000 INKKAS GOLD package and come relax with us on an all expenses paid trip to Peru! Come experience Macchu Picchu with the Inkkas founders, visit the INKKAS workshop, plus go home with the entire INKKAS 2014 COLLECTION!
How Rewards Work - Pledge the amount shown, and select a reward level for the pledge you've made! After December 19th we'll send a survey to collect your color and size selection, along with your shipping information!
Risks and challenges
We are a fully operational shoe company, and have excellent relationships with our suppliers and shippers, all of which are looking forward to fulfilling our orders. For this Kickstarter offering we’ve committed to limited quantities and a fairly generous window of fulfillment time in order to ship on time or earlier to everyone, along with providing a special product for our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
US Men 3 / US Women 5 / EUR 36
US Men 4 / US Women 6 / EUR 37
US Men 5 / US Women 7 / EUR 38
US Men 6 / US Women 8 / EUR 39
US Men 7 / US Women 9 / EUR 40
US Men 8 / US Women 10 / EUR 41
US Men 9 / US Women 11 / EUR 42
US Men 10 / US Women 12 / EUR 43
US Men 11 / US Women 13 / EUR 44
US Men 12 / US Women 14 / EUR 45
US Men 13 / US Women 15 / EUR 46
If you're used to another country's shoe sizes, there are charts around that will help you see about what size should be a good fit.
We'll be sending a survey after the campaign ends, where you'll be able to specify the shoe type and size you want!
Don't worry, we've got you covered. Inkkas are specifically designed to incorporate half sizing in our size structure.
So if you typically wear a half size, simply round up to the nearest larger size and that will fit you. So if you typically wear a size 7.5, simply round up to a size 8 and it will fit you perfectly.
In the case that you have any sizing issues, we will happily exchange your shoes for a better size!
Inkkas insoles provide a small amount of arch support. In the case that more arch support is needed the soles are easily removed, so you can replace them with ones that you prefer.
We've got an insole that works great for many people, but if you find yourself in need of something that better fits your walk, then by all means, simply take out our insole and substitute your own!
With great difficulty!
After you figure that out, though, we'll be asking which style you want after the funding period ends on December 19th. You'll receive a survey via e-mail that will ask about your size and desired shoe color, and collect your shipping details.
You're in luck! Pledge an amount covering the cost of each reward (plus one shipping charge if you're outside the US).
[$25 Snapback hat] + [$85 Slipon] + [$75 STORM Low Tops] + [$25 outside US] = $210 pledge
When you receive your survey after the campaign end, we will ask if your pledge was for additional rewards; answering yes will help us find and contact you to make sure we've got your entire order.
First, the funding of the entire Kickstarter needs to be funded enough to unlock the stretch goal, which is $40k for extra shoelaces and $50k for the bags.
The stretch goal rewards are added on to an existing reward, so you need to pledge for a reward, and then increase your pledge by the additional amount to get the stretch add-on.
Here's how it can look:
[$75 STORM Low Tops Reward] + [$5 extra pair of laces] + [$25 destination outside US] = $115 pledge on the Storm Low Tops
The survey we send to you after the funding period is over asks if your pledge includes any add-on rewards, answer yes and we'll get back to you to take your full order!
Support this project
- (45 days)