About this project
24 hours to go! We are so pleased (to put it conservatively!) with the results so far, and it's awesome that a significant portion of the production costs are now able to to be covered -- all thanks to you guys! YAY! We are not yet in a position to add extra pages/content to the book. This is dependent on the final total that is pledged, and so it will be much appreciated if you can please help to continue spreading the word. Press all those social media buttons known to mankind! :) To all that have pledged so far, we are so grateful. I look forward to shipping your reward! I will be skipping and singing on my way to the post office and everything. Cheers!
I'm Jennifer. I'm a photographer from Adelaide, South Australia, and I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. Last year, in 2011, I successfully ran a campaign called, 'I want to take a portrait of Eddie Vedder'.
The concept was to post a photograph relating to Eddie, the band or Pearl Jam's music, on my blog every day for 3 months.
I started with a vision, I turned it into a project with an objective, and I went on a journey.
And so I want to make a book, 'Picture In A Frame', with not only the campaign images, but with all the extra details, including the Eddie portraits that you didn't get to see, and I need your help to make it happen.
I've teamed up with US-based publishing team Jason and Sophie of Infinitum Limited. I've been working with them to finalise the layout of the book. They're equally passionate about the project because they are Pearl Jam fans too. So we're a great fit!
To get a minimum print run, it's in the thousands. That's when I turned to Kickstarter, and that's why I made this video.
If I don't reach my funding goal, the book can't go ahead. But I'd like to remain optimistic.
I honestly believe that my project wouldn't have been successful if it hadn't been for 3 things: vision, community and social media. This book celebrates those themes.
I couldn't have done it without the people I met along the way. There was a real sense of community throughout this project, and I can't wait to share the followup of this campaign in book form.
If you love a good story, with gritty imagery to go with it, or you're a music fan - maybe you're a Pearl Jam fan too - it would be great to have you on board.
(Special thanks to Jason & Sophie of Infinitum Limited for their ongoing support, and to Ten Club member JD Hubmann for playing the ukulele in the video.)
Yes, the more we raise the better the product will be in the end. The $4000 target only covers the production costs of a minimum print run for 500 books and nothing else. We will do our best to finance the rest of the project on our own and budget according to how much we have to work with. So we encourage you to continue pledging!
$4000 is the minimum production cost and the first step in getting this project started. It covers a minimum print run of 500 books.
Additional funding raised will go towards the following:
– additional print runs and other costs involved with production of the book
– production and shipping of the rewards offered on this campaign
– setting up/operating distribution and fulfillment services in Australia, US and Europe
– setting up availability in retail markets in Australia, US and Europe
– marketing materials (posters, bookmarks, postcards, etc.)
– marketing and promotional campaigns (website, social media, google/facebook ads, book signing/book related events, etc.)
– PR campaigns (book reviews, interviews, book signings, etc.)
– all the fees and taxes involved during the project (Kickstarter, Amazon Payments, duties on shipping inventories to international distributors, currency exchange fees, bank fees, etc.)
– undefined misc costs that always come up during the course of any project
The more we receive the more we can put into the additional costs above and the better the product will be in the end. So we encourage you to continue pledging!
Yes they are.
Support this project
- (21 days)