In Die Macher, the players fight for political power in Germany. As party rulers, they organize the election campaigns of one of five German parties (CDU/CSU, FDP, Bündnis 90/Die Grünen, SPD, Die Linke) in several federal state elections.
Die Macher was released for the first time in 1986 and quickly gained a legendary reputation. This new edition has been extensively updated by the designer.
The game includes both English and German rules and play aids.
Die Macher is a game about the democratic process in modern day Germany, as players vie for political power in different regions of the country. Players are in charge of national political parties and must manage limited resources to help their party to victory. The winning party will have the most victory points after all the regional elections.
There are four different ways of scoring victory points. First, each regional election can supply victory points, the number of which depends on the size of the region and how well your party does there. Second, media influence in the region can grant victory points. Third, the national party membership will supply a fair number of victory points. Lastly, parties score victory points based on how closely the party platform matches the national opinions at the end of the game.
Watch the HEAVY CARDBOARD video on Die Macher: Limited Edition:
Watch Alex and Peat from the HUNTER & CRON team and their German language video on Die Macher: Limited Edition:
- Die Macher: Limited Edition is a special release, and it is not likely to go into distribution for sale by Retailers. This Kickstarter project and a limited number of games at Essen & BGG CON (if we make it in time) will be the only way to get the game in 2019. In 2020, Indie Game Studios & Spielworxx will only be selling the game via conventions, our websites, the BGG website and via direct sales on Amazon - it will not be entering normal distribution channels. Any remaining copies may be released to distribution in 2021 or later. If you want to guarantee getting this game, back this Kickstarter project.
Die Macher is a truly unique game!
This new edition is a modern update of Die Macher for both longtime fans and brand new players. All improvements have been designed by the original author, Karl-Heinz Schmiel, and developed by the Spielworxx team.
Die Macher: Limited Edition is a varied and exciting game that advances 3 to 5 players through four German federal state elections. For players who want to dive even deeper into the election campaigns, there is an expanded game which covers seven elections that is included as well.
The Die Macher: Limited Edition game features all new art by the brilliant Harald Lieske.
- Die Macher was designed by the talented Karl-Heinz Schmiel. This game has undergone extensive testing and development to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Die Macher was released for the first time in 1986, and was the first game ever entered into the BoardGameGeek database: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1
- Die Macher quickly gained a legendary reputation and is regarded as the Grandfather of the “heavy eurogame” genre.
- Die Macher: Limited Edition has been extensively updated and streamlined by the designer. The game includes both English and German rules and play aids.
- NOTE: Die Macher: Limited Edition will not go through normal distribution channels unit 2021 at earliest, and maybe not at all. If you want this game now, you need to back this Kickstarter project.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $69 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we are offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
- Step 4: Shortly after the projects ends on July 11th, we will send you a link to our pledge manager. This is where we will get your shipping information.
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family.
- Die Macher: (Pledge $69 or more) One copy of Die Macher: Limited Edition. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping and sales taxes are very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a discount on ALL shipping and taxes, but there is no free shipping. Shipping & Taxes charges will be added after Kickstarter ends, every backer will be responsible for paying these fees in the pledge manager after the campaign ends. Please see shipping & taxes chart below:
For the US, Canada, UK and the EU we have included applicable taxes, your rewards will be sent Duty Free from within your region – there will not be any additional customs charge. Outside of the US, Canada, UK and the EU, we cannot guarantee customs friendly shipping in these areas. There may be additional duties and/or fees charged by your country's governmental agencies and/or shipping partners. Those fees are solely your responsibility, and we can neither cancel a pledge nor will we pay those fees. In case a package is returned or destroyed due to non-payment of such fees, your pledge will be considered fulfilled.
It is important that everyone knows that we are using a pledge manager. That means you’ll be able to manage your pledge amount for all the add-ons that you want after the project closes, along with during the campaign. We will post an update to notify backers when the pledge manager email is being sent out. At that time, you’ll need to manage your pledge and enter your shipping address and complete your order.
Risks and challenges
Indie Game Studios and Spielworxx are teaming with industry veterans with experience on over 50 kickstarter projects working with many different publishers in the industry. Our previous experiences and the assistance and guidance of the experts we are working with will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that GAME will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Game Studios will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)