I am David.
About 7 months ago I bought a 3D printer that works with resins. As many of you know, these devices use different technologies. The technology this 3D printer uses is curing the resin by exposing it to ultraviolet light. The brand is Wanhao®. Perhaps many of you have heard about it. Well, in general, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product and even more pleased by the quality with which it prints.
After printing some models in my apartment I realized that the smell of the resins during the curing process was very strong. for this reason I decided to put the 3D printer outside on my balcony. While doing some research I discovered that many people who have this 3D printer and actually all 3D printers that work with resins or filaments have the same problem that I experienced with the fumes. For me it was not a very practical solution to put the 3d printer outside on the balcony because all the time I had to go outside to control if everything was going well.
I made a list with all the improvements that I could make when I was working with the 3d printer.
* Visibility. You can not see the printing process. The user does not know in what stage the printing process is.
* Top Cover. The top cover that comes with this 3D printer does the job, but it’s not practical.
* Weight of the top cover. You have to be very careful when removing the cover because it is very heavy.
* Vapors. Some vapors are released during the printing process and, although we do not see them, they are very strong and there is no way to get rid of them.
It took me a long time to design the cover, I wanted something that was practical and affordable for people who did not have much to invest. In the design process I noticed how expensive it would be to produce a cover with the characteristics and the design I had originally chosen, therefore to reduce costs I created several prototypes, one after another. I had to redesign the cover several times, so finally I have now achieved something that It can be manufactured on a large scale and is affordable for everyone.
Now I want to precent to you a product that im sure will be very useful for many people as well as for me.
- The brands Wanhao®, D7 Duplicator and Plexiglas® are registered trademarks and have absolutely no relation to iNDeCoi® and/or j. David Isaza, its use in this campaign is strictly informative.
- The use of images related to the 3D printer D7 is strictly informative.
All rights reserved.
- All images in this campaign are subject to copyright.
- The models in black / yellow have an increase price of 12.5% due to extra costs in the production line.
Thank you very much for coming all this way and for spending a little of your time looking at this project to the end and thank you very much if you decide to contribute to its success.
Risks and challenges
The main challenge of this project is ensuring a high quality finish.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
There is a high risk of defects in pieces created from injected and thermoformed plastic. The reason being during the process of injection of the plastic and thermoforming the temperature changes drastically between the liquid and re-solidification stages. We can minimize the possible damage that may affect the final product by working hand in hand with the engineers, who will be constructing the moulds in which the pieces of the models will be created.