VANDALISM! Closed Alpha Update 1 is live!
If you have access, play the VANDALISM update today!
Today we're launching the first update to the Closed Alpha on itch.io: VANDALISM! Check out David and Isaac playing through a mission and talking about all the new features:
This update includes everything from our first Stretch Goal, and more:
- Cybernetic Fist: A new weapon you can buy from the Shop, the Cyber Fist is a melee weapon that can target both enemies and the environment, both for massive damage! Just get within one tile of the target and punch away!
- New Music from Jukio Kallio: Calm Before the Gunfire is now part of the playlist in-game!
- New Music from Kuedo: Who Gave You Access is now part of the playlist in-game!
- Extended Cover System: We've overhauled the way cover works in game, and there's a new UI to show you where cover exists! Shoot over low cover and around high cover corners! Stunned enemies can now be used as low cover!
- More destructible objects: We've added new destructible objects: Balloons, Monitors, Bottles, Shelves, Paintings, Sculptures, Beer Kegs, Incubation Tanks, Fire Extinguishers, plus columns can now be destroyed enough to become low cover and lighting will fall off the walls!
- New room type: storage backrooms: A new backroom that you'll find in many clubs, used to store things!
- Better danger prediction system: The danger prediction that is done during combat should now be more reliable! No more "outcome unknown"!
- New dialogues: We've done a pass on a lot of the dialogues so they make a bit more sense, as well as adding more variety. This is still in progress though!
- Bugs: We've fixed lots of bugs! But we've probably added new ones! It's still an Alpha after all!
Next update: July 12th
We'll launch the next Closed Alpha update in 4 weeks, on July 12th! We aim to keep with our Stretch goal themes, so the next one will be DRONE WARFARE!
Fill out your survey before the end of July!
Thanks to the 80% of you who have filled out your surveys on BackerKit! The deadline is the end of July, so you still have some time - but the sooner the better! Once that's done, we'll be able to start getting everybody's rewards in-game.
And don't forget - you can top-up your pledge levels to upgrade your tier and get Closed Alpha access, or buy some of our awesome merch, like this clubbing-friendly tank top featuring Kai getting down!
We're excited to see what new ways you find of playing the game with these new features - feel free to send us feedback on the forums and make all the Let's Play videos you want!
Isaac, David, Rafal and Almut,