Shipping and Mass Production update
29th July – THE BIG DAY - Instant Labs packed in master cartons waiting for the plane !
Dear Impossible Backers,
First of all, please we are proud to show you these photos:
Shrink-wrapped Instant Lab
4 devices in master carton
Shipping label with individual serial numbers
Master cartons on pallets
Finally Impossible will start shipping Instant Labs this week. We'll be sending out the first batch to the very first backers this afternoon! However, the delivery to ALL our loyal subscribers will take about two weeks.
- Tracking shipment. Once your Instant Lab ships you will get an email with individual tracking information, so you can track the location and status of your delivery.
- Please do not email us right now about your individual shipment. We will not be able to provide any information via email about the status of your Instant Lab until it ships. We are working as quickly as possible to deliver units to all our Kickstarter subscribers over the next couple of weeks.
- As for the general process, once each Instant Lab passes quality control at the factory in Braunschweig, Germany, it is carefully packed into its box with manuals, power adapter etc. Then it is shipped by air freight from Germany to one of our Impossible fulfillment centers in New York, Vienna, Tokyo and Hong Kong, where your individual film selection/order is added. From there, the package is delivered to you by courier. Once it leaves the fulfillment center, you will receive your email with tracking info.
As we mentioned during the last announcement, production has started at the factory. It's going to take some time before we reach our maximum capacity, but we're getting there.
- As of today, the factory could manufacture roughly 200-300 Instant Labs per day, with the aim to increase it greatly in the next few months.
- We are facing an issue with two suppliers that cannot deliver ordered parts to us at the speed and of the quality we require (yes, this is the world of makers, not just software!). This is slowing our output down. We are working with the suppliers to fix the problem, as well as trying to find additional suppliers.
- Right now, we're simultaneously manufacturing all Kickstarter editions at the same time: silver, black and gold.
Production of Engraved Instant Labs
Enjoy this panorama shot, which shows all custom engraved front plates per alphabetic letter from the Kickstarter Black Edition.
And here our team is matching the right engraved front plate to the corresponding serial number, so we can use the serial barcode to further track the devices when they enter the packaging assembly line.
And here how the engraving looks like:
We continue to work hard. We have lots of improvements to make, and many Instant Labs to ship out. But we're good at making the Impossible possible.
Thanks for the support, everyone! Looking forward to hear what you think of Instant Lab once you have used it to process your first box of film!
On 9th of August we will hand over the Gold edition in our film factory in Enschede to the Gold Backers, we look forward to it ! If you are a Gold Subscriber and wish to attend, please urgently contact our Caidleigh at our Berlin office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next update in 2 weeks with updated shipping schedule.
Your Impossible Camera Team