Falling Doors is our very first video game as Immersive Studios. We are a group of people who grew up with "old school" survival horror games such Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill...and many others, we are also fans of movies with unique art style such Crimson Peak from Guillermo del Toro or authors like Edgar Allan Poe.
We want to take back the time were games were made without paywalls, without freemium strategy, when companies wanted their players to follow and feel the story - because they were proud of their work and not because they expected a huge income from DLC's.
That's our goal, to create a game that people will love to play, we love the concept of a video game, what makes it people feel, the feeling of "i really want to find out what's behind that door but im too scared to open it, dmn!"
We really hope you like our game so...there we go!
Advice!: We invite you to play the following track included in the game, while reading about Falling Doors here in Kickstarter, we hope you enjoy them as much as we did composing them. (As addition, if you want to watch the intro video in 4k resolution you can do it here )
Falling Doors is going to be a deep game, with a deep story and well polished mechanics.
What Falling Doors is going to be:
- A game with a depth storyline, with an original plot and unique setting
- A game where exploration matters, the more you find out, the better prepared you will be, if you are not, you will die for sure.
- A game where the scenario will transform depending on your actions
- A game with complex (but not impossible!) puzzles
- A game that rewards ingenuity when confronting dangers
What Falling Doors is NOT going to be:
- A game with DLC's (we dont believe in them)
- A hack'n slash game
- A shooter game
- A game that will be in Early Acess phase for 6 months or longer.
Other features we want to have:
- Full VR compatibility (depending of the kickstarter campaing)
- We will guarantee a high graphic detail with support for higher resolutions (we will also support ultra-wide monitors)
- First and third person view
Some of the tools we are using are the following ones:
- Unreal Engine 4 as our graphic engine
- 3D Max
- Paint Tool Sai
- Adobe Premiere
- Visual Studio
- Cubase for music composing and editing
We want everyone to enjoy our game, and we know that people have different preferences when playing videogames, that's why we want to include as many ways of control as we can!
- Keyboard + Mouse
- Controller Pad
- VR Controls
It is one of the most important points in Falling Doors, we want the players to feel part of what is happening in the game, to find out the misteries within it.
Falling Doors is a mature story for adults, it tells the story of David, a man who lost his family at an unknown circumstances, but that will do everything he can to find the truth.
Everything in the plot of the game will have a meaning, and the main character himself with evolve and discover more about what happened and about himself as well.
As listed in one of the Bonus goals, we want to write a real novel based on the game, we really hope you like it guys!
The setting of the game will be developed in a victorian-style manor, but not only there!
As mentioned previously, one of the main features of the game will be the scenario morphing in real time, that means that you will resolve a puzzle in a library, and one second later you will be in the middle of a ship graveyard or a glaciar cave!
Of course, there will be a reason for the scenario changes, but that's a secret that you the players need to find out!
Talking about mechanics, we talked before that Falling Doors is not going to be a shooter game, but a exploration survival horror game, that means you will have some tools as a custom torchlight to defend yourself, you will be able to use the environment and the surroundings to escape, hide or deal with enemies and dangerous situations.
Survival means that you will need to be ready for any situation, and we want to reward the players who explore every corrner of the game.
There will be hidden rooms and secret areas, you will get tools that can be upgraded if you find the correct items
And of course, we believe in difficulty, if a game is too easy the players get bored and don't enjoy them in the end, but having a high difficulty doesn't help neither. We believe in the balance and difficulty scaling as long as the player progress in the game.
Here is an example of the gameplay & game mechanics we want to create for Falling Doors!
Ps: In our youtube channel you can find the spanish version as well!
Important Note: We greatly encourage you to read the first campaign update we already published int he "Updates" section, we answered some of the common questions people asked us recently, please take a look!
We strongly believe that music is an important part of a game, it helps the players to feel part of the world they are playing in, and adds an extra value to the game in general.
Here are two examples of the tracks included in the game. we hope you enjoy them!
Here is some concept art of the game!
Take a look at this video and screenshots where you can watch some examples of the atmosphere in the game, keep in mind that due to the current resources and time we have, what are we showing here is just an approach of what we want to achieve in the final version!
Note: Everything you will see here is real-time in game footage
If we manage to success in kickstarter (of course, thanks to you!), we are planning to spend resources into visiting several locations with real abandoned manors, which we will use as guidelines to guarantee that the texturization and modeling of the game are based on real environments. The goal is to transmit to the players a feeling of immersion as realistic as possible.
Our main goal of course, is to get the game fund, but we would love to give you more, so we are going to commit the following extras into the game if we reach the following milestones:
- 130k The original game
- 160k More languages! (dubbing and text)
- 200k Physical Novel
- 250k Console edition
- 350k Extra chapter
- 500k Second extra chapter
- Alfonso started working in the videogame industry 10 years ago as QA Engineer in first place, and later he switched to game designer role. He's passionate about creating stories and turning them real by designing videogames, some of his inspirations comes from Hideki Kamiya, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Hideo Kojima.
Manuel Pico "Bon3"
- Manuel Pico started creating games 30 years ago for magazines when he was just a teenager. After that he continued his career in the videogame industry designing games for several platforms, such Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii, mobile and PC.
After 30 years he wanted to go back to his room and forget the office fuss and continue working on his own.
We promise to feed him by passing food under the door...from time to time.
- Currently studying third grade of "Digital Content" career at the same time as he works as QA for one of the top 3 game developer company at Barcelona. His main roles are game & level designer, and secondary role game programmer and his favourite game types are FPS & RTS.
- “There is only one thing better than playing videogames, create them.”
- Daniel started working in the music industry 23 years ago, he created music for videogames along the years in his own music studio.
Professional Voice Bank with national and international voices. They have high quality professionals voices for performance, communications, advertising and dubbing.
- Irina Khruleva is an opera singer (coloratura soprano) from Moscow, Russia. She is currently working at the Moscow Chamber Opera Theatre performing major soprano roles. Her extensive repertoire includes opera and musical arias and pop songs, such as Queen of the Night arias, Lakme's Bell Song, the "Plava Laguna Dance" from "The Fifth Element" and many others.
- Adorable little monster lover of "Gorjuss" who nailed it by singing the voices for the first teaser trailer of Falling Doors. Thank you Julia! Many kisses for you!
- Artist Designer assistant in love with zombies and horror stories...she might bite if you are not careful.
Thank you, thank all of you for your time reading about our project!, we encourage you to become a backer and get our game, it is going to be an amazing game, and it will be possible thanks to you guys!
Risks and challenges
Most of the team have full-time jobs, this means we cannot work as much as we would like in the game, that's why we decided to create this kickstarter project. (also that we can get more than 5h sleep per day!)
If we manage to get the amout of money we need for the whole team, we will manage to work full time in Falling Doors, and this is why we need you!
Otherwise, it will mean the end of the journey for us, and the game will end up in a old drawer of a very very old manor!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)