Update 21: $4mm, Armaturity, Ending Stream, New Game Plus
The crew at Armature continues to prove that they're the right studio for the job. We'll let them do the talking:
“Hi Bloodstained backers - Armature here with another update. It turns out that a people have shown a ton of interest in our plan to port UE4 to the WiiU and PS Vita. Since they're not officially supported platforms, it's going to be a lot of work to get Bloodstained and UE4 on these platforms, but we are up to the challenge.
“Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”
If you missed the launch stream—graciously hosted by Twitch and Kinda Funny Games—you missed a long day of great indie adventure games, stories from IGA, and speedruns. Luckily, you’ve got another chance: the ending stream will be broadcast live from Inti Creates studio in the four hours leading up to the campaign's end, and Fraser and Becky of Video Games AWESOME! will be hosting.
IGA, Ben Judd, Nayan (Playism), the entire Inti Creates crew, and a host of special guests will be there playing games, speaking about the game/campaign, and thanking you for all the incredible support you've lent us so far. Here's the stream's start time in a variety of time zones:
In case last night's cliffhanger update wasn't clear enough: New Game Plus is achieved. You worked through our Backer Achievement system with fearsome efficiency, and the team agreed to make NG+ your reward. But enough talk -- lets have at the details:
- Carry over key items/equipment to your next game
- Harder enemies, better stats, and new attack patterns
- The team hopes to implement some special enemies which may drop rare items
Combined with our latest Paypal total of $133k from 1600 backers, our campaign has more than passed the $4 million mark. Your flamethrower already illuminated some details of the Online Challenge Mode stretch goal, but lets reiterate:
- Team up with a friend online in both co-op and versus modes
- Power through specially designed stages by clearing challenges, killing enemies, collecting items, and more
- Battle extra-powerful bosses which drop rare items
If things keep up at their current pace, you may reach $4.25 -- the third playable character -- before the end of the night.
Now: A word about the $5 million stretch goal. Well, two words. Well, OK, two bullet points.
- It is absolutely incredible that we're even talking about a $5 million stretch goal. Your support has changed this game for the better in too many ways to count, though we'll try to during that ending stream...
- Anyway, about that $5 million goal. It's a mode. It's going to make this game even bigger than it was before. And we'll be revealing it tonight. (When we heard Inti and IGA were willing to tackle it, our eyes went pretty wide.)