Update 14: $3 million! Wii U achieved + 2 New Stretch Goals
With the latest Paypal total -- roughly $62,000 from 800 backers -- we've surpassed $3mm. You did it, and we're proud to have been standing nearby with a look of stunned disbelief on our faces.
With the Wii U stretch goal achieved, it's time to provide some further details:
- We're offering physical Wii U discs in addition to the digital copies!
- If you're a new backer, select any $28+ tier -- you'll be able to choose 'Wii U' during the post-Kickstarter survey.
- If you've already backed and you want a Wii U copy, you don't have to do anything -- just wait for the post-Kickstarter survey.
- You will be able to mix and match. For example, if you've backed at the $125 Physical + Digital tier, you may select Wii U for either/both copy.
With that out of the way, we'll hand the mic over to the crew at Armature, who can explain their vision for the port:
We are super excited to have reached the funding goal for the Wii U version of Bloodstained! We’re starting to plan out our feature set for the Wii U platform - some of the features we hope to pursue include:
- Pro Controller Support
- The map on GamePad while playing on the TV
- The ability to draw on/annotate the map
- Play exclusively on the GamePad (off-screen play)
- Miiverse social integration
- Featuring your Mii in-game
Of course, we want to know what you, the backers, are excited to see! So please let us know in the comments and give us your ideas. As we work with the game team to finalize the feature set, your feedback will be invaluable in our planning.
Since there was a little confusion about the wording of the Basement Key -- and since you've been blasting through these goals like an invading army -- we thought we'd upgrade your candle to a torch, which should make it a little easier to see what's coming up.
Asynchronous Online Multiplayer
You've been guessing at this one for a while, so it's time to reveal a few things IGA's hoping to implement!
- "Borrow" a friend's character stats for a certain amount of time (your friend will get a bonus)
- Ghost Data (See friend's saved character movements while fighting a boss)
- Friend's playthroughs affect your game in some way (e.g. a gravestone and an offering might mark the spot where your friend died)
- Plus another surprise that we'll unveil soon...
Of course we're still in the planning phase, so who knows what we'll end up with. As always, though, IGA and the team would love to hear your ideas—how would you build a great asynchronous multiplayer experience?
PS Vita Port
We're going to let the experts handle this explanation. Armature, you guys still around?
We at Armature thank you so much for funding the Wii U version of Bloodstained. Now we have one more surprise for you… if Bloodstained makes it to $3.5mm, we will also be providing a Playstation Vita version of the game.
That’s right, the ultimate -vania game is going to make it back to a handheld platform. And don’t worry, this won’t mean a diminished experience on the Wii U – in fact, with both platforms having touch screens, it’ll probably mean more for both. We’ll also be working with the development team on the PS4 version to see what we can do to make both platforms complement each other.
We are especially grateful to be able to help out on this, as most of Armature’s games have been released on the PS Vita—that would be Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Injustice, and The Unfinished Swan, in case you’re counting. Our team knows the PS Vita platform inside and out, and we’ll do it justice as we bring you Bloodstained, running on UE4, to the PS Vita. Help us bring Bloodstained where -vania games belong – your hands!
Since our last update you've amassed a total of 34 achievements, which brings you within reach of the Pixel Pants - an ancient relic rumored to bestow chiptune goodness to backers high and low!
You might notice that we've opened up the last Instagram challenge: Vampire Doggies! We're going to leave that open to interpretation, but you'll need each picture to count ("Fifty Doggies! Ah! Ah! Ah!") so don't forget to add #igavania to your photo's description.
IGA would like to humbly request that you, his Army of the Night, take a moment from your basement-pillaging to consider supporting an indie Kickstarter game that could use our support: Combat Core!
Combat Core is a 3D arena fighting game that borrows elements from classic games like Power Stone, Custom Robo, and other fighters. The fighting mechanics focus on fast-paced combat, strategic use of your environment, and weapons in the arena.