About this project
Can you survive the zombie horde?
Experience frantic 15-minute game sessions as you play a group of 2 to 4 teenagers running for their lives, while trying to discover the truth about the sudden outbreak that turned their parents, teachers and all of the other grown-ups into gruesome brain-eating monsters!
Close Captioning available by clicking on the CC button on the lower right corner of the video window.
The game is played in real-time, and begins at the start of the soundtrack. At your turn, you can take a total of 4 actions.
- If there are no zombies in your area, you can move: It takes one action to move to the next tile, or to go in or out of a building.
- When you are in a building with no zombies, you can take one action to Search for new weapons or equipment. A quick search lets you draw the 3 top cards of the Search, but that puts you at risk of accidentally stumbling on zombies. Alternatively, you can do a careful search, by looking one by one at the cards in the discard pile until you choose one to keep.
- Revealing and taking a scenario token from the board also takes one of your four actions.
- You can fight zombies in your area by decreasing the ammo (or durability for non-firearms) of a weapon, and removing as many zombie figures from the board as the damage value of the weapon. If you're using a noisy weapon, one of those zombies joins the Horde. You can fight multiple times if you like, but each attempt costs one of your four actions.
- Whether or not there are any zombies sharing your space, you can spend one action to use an item.
After spending your four actions, you must be able do fend off zombies around you with one of your weapons; if the Fend Off value of your weapon is lower than the number of zombies in your area, you lose a Life Point.
Every 60 seconds, a zombie growl can be heard in the soundtrack. Whenever you hear a growl, draw the top card on the Zombie pile to find out how many zombies you must add to the board on the street section of the active player's tile. If you draw a Horde card, add all of the (very hungry!) zombies from the Horde box to that tile!
Each scenario features different objectives: running through the city, pursuing a target, holding a fortified place, searching for useful resources… If you complete the objectives before the soundtrack is over, all of the players win the game. If you fail, or if at any time all of the heroes are unconscious, you all lose the game!
While other zombie games generally let you think calmly, discuss the problem, and plan through every situation, Zombie 15' simulates the stressful and frantic experience of being chased by zombies. The players have to act fast and think even faster. Cooperation and tactics are decisive, but so is keeping a cool head.
In addition, Zombie 15' features an immersive universe, with an original and compelling storyline and awesome heroes.
See for yourself with this actual play video: the game starts slowly, but the tension and pace are really rising as the minutes go by. You can activate the Close Captioning by clicking on the CC icon on the lower right corner of the video window.
- You get the game for less than its retail price ($70 instead of $79) and by doing so you make it even better for everybody!
- You will get the game before anybody else, so you can claim bragging rights!
In exchange we get to sell a great game with lots of extra content, for less than what we would have had to sell it for without your help ($79 instead of $99).
- 1. 8 Hero miniatures
- 2. 8 Hero sheets
- 3. 100 zombie miniatures — 33 cops, 33 secretaries, 33 thugs and 1 Alpha Zombie
- 4. 32 double-sided Terrain tiles
- 5. 33 Scenario cards
- 6. 56 Search cards
- 7. 18 Special Item cards
- 8. 48 Zombie cards
- 9. 25 Ammo/Durability tokens
- 10. 15 Life Point tokens
- 11. 40 Search tokens
- 12. Various tokens — Alarm, Car, Gas Can, Lock, Exit, -1 Action, A, B, C, D, Machine Gun, Ammo, Radio, Helicopter
- 13. 1 Horde box
- 14. 1 audio CD
- 15. 1 Survival Guide (rulebook)
- 16. “Death on Your Heels” (campaign book)
- 17. 5 additional scenarios (printed exclusively for KS backers - otherwise available as downloadable pdf files)
IELLO is an international board-game publisher founded in 2004 in Nancy, France, and established in the United States in 2012. We make fun, original games, with a focused emphasis on great artwork, high quality production, extensive replayability, and excellent value. Our catalog include worldwide award-winning hits such as King of Tokyo, Innovation and The Dwarf King. www.iellogames.com
Guillaume Lémery & Nicolas Schlewitz are two French gamers (and now designers) living in the Lyon area. They came up with the idea of Zombie 15' while playing a zombie video game. The development of Zombie 15' has certainly benefited from the hundreds of boardgames in their (impressive) personal collections. They posted a short video to tell you how they came up with the idea for this game!
Heroes, zombies and cover — Biboun is a French artist living in Montpellier. He works mainly on character designs for video games, board games, anime and comics. www.biboun.com
Items — Alexey Yakovlev is a young Russian artist living in Yekaterinburg. His previous works include the arsenal and cover artwork for the boardgame Titanium Wars. kypcaht.deviantart.com
Terrain tiles — Anthony Wolff is a French artist/roughman/storyboarder working for video game/publishing & advertisement. www.waart.net
Icons — Igor Polouchine is a French artist, art director and game designer (Croak!). He works for Origames, a game design and graphics studio he co-founded in 2010.
Eros Cartechini is an Italian soundtrack composer and arranger, with much of his work being used in video games. www.eroscartechini.com
Our US team will read all your comments and will answer as often and as soon as we can. We will also regularly compile all the new questions asked in the comments or questions section and answer them in the updates, for quick reference by everyone. We will also include those questions in the FAQ so that they are easy to find.
This Kickstarter campaign is only for the English version of the game. The purpose of this campaign is to pay for development costs (art, molds, soundtrack…) that are not language-dependent, which means that any version in other languages will include any extra content unlocked here. The French version will be produced and released at the same time as the English version, and we're already discussing other languages with our international partners.
Since we fully expect this Kickstarter project to be successful (and are determined to publish the game no matter what), we already asked our manufacturer to produce some of the components. The remainder will start as soon as the goal is reached (without even waiting for the project to end). We’ll be putting all additional bonus content into production as soon as that content is unlocked.
For those reasons, the game should be fully produced very soon after the project ends! Depending on shipping time to their location, we expect backers to start receiving their games in May 2014, a couple of weeks before the games hit friendly local game stores worldwide.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!
Risks and challenges
Since this project is not meant to fund the production of the game (but instead to make the game better and less expensive by helping to cover the development costs), the risks here are very limited.
IELLO is an experienced publisher, and we absolutely know what we are doing when it comes to creating boardgames. Our games are recognized and renowned for their excellent value, and feedback for our customer service has always been extremely positive.
As for possible delays, production has already started, so we are confident that our backers will get their games in the Spring of this year. The production of additional components could hold back shipping a bit, but no more than a couple of weeks.
Our previous project, Guardians' Chronicles experienced some delays due to unexpected production challenges. We also made some last minute changes (adding in a stretch goal that wasn't met, and upgrading to engraved dice) that we decided to include after listening to our backers. Guardians' Chronicles is scheduled to arrive by the end of the first quarter of 2014.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)