This project's funding goal was not reached on December 8, 2011.
About this project
Recently a friend of mine asked if I had ever considered printing a new poster each week for an entire year as a challenge or conquest. After some thought, it seemed like a great concept and art project for 2012.
My name is Karl Addison, I'm an artist. There are a few things I'm in love with - two of them being drawing and screen printing. As long as I can remember I have always been drawing. As for screen printing - I started out in 2003 and have been doing it every since. The process of screen printing has literally changed the way I draw. Throughout the years my drawings have focused on cross hatch, hatch & stippling to create depth and value range with the printing process. When I work with multiple colors I separate each layer as I draw - essentially creating each screen for each color from the beginning.
During the year 2012 I will hand screen print one new art poster with original artwork every week. By the end of the year there will be a total of 52 prints in the collection. Most of these prints will be between 2 and 3 colors. Some will be 1 color - and a few will be 4 colors or more. All art posters will be very limited edition of 50 - they will be numbered and signed.
Size: 36cm x 48cm
- January: People From The Turn of the Century
- February: Super Cute Kitty Cats
- March: Sad Lucha Libres
- April: Beards & Mustaches
- May: Nautical
- June: Vintage Cameras
- July: Bicycles
- August: Ninjas & Samurais
- September: Native American Heroes
- October: Halloween
- November: Weird Bizarro Animals
- December: A Surprise........
The screen printing process is one of the most rewarding pre-press processes. However, at the same time it is very labor intensive and finically costly. Each separate color per artwork takes a few hours to create the screen. Once the screens are ready they have to be masked and then registered so the colors will align perfectly. Once all this prep is done it is ready to print. The inks, emulsion, film positives, screens, paper and misc all add up on the cost. This is where your support to this project really helps to create the 52 art posters.
Rewards For Your Support:
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to look at this project. For your support I have some really nice rewards for you, such as:
- A personal thank you with a ePostcard.
- Zines, Zines, Zines!
- A Book with artwork from all the art posters.
- Your choice T-shirt from my available art.
- Limited Edition Art Poster - your choice of "Very Pretty Lady Faces," "Vintage Camera," "Spinning Bicycle," and or "Stegosaurus Dinosaur."
- Subscription for One Month. Includes 4 hand screen printed art posters starting from the month of your choice in 2012.
- Subscription for Three Month. Includes 12 hand screen printed art posters starting from the month of your choice in 2012.
- Subscription for Six Month. Includes 24 hand screen printed art posters starting from the month of your choice in 2012.
- Subscription for the Entire Year! Includes 52 hand screen printed art posters starting in January 2012.
Examples of Rewards:
Nope - you can have whatever you like. If you want March, June & October to have the screen print subscriptions - then you got it.
That is what is so cool about this project. Instead of something like a boring old magazine - you are getting a subscription for really cool hand drawn, printed artwork.
To be honest - I don't know what all the artwork will be for each month of 2012. I draw everyday - so the artwork I will have in 2012 will be new then.
However, I will have artwork themes for each month. So at least you will have an idea of what will be drawn.
January: People From The Turn of the Century
February: Super Cute Kitty Cats
March: Sad Lucha Libres
April: Beards & Mustaches
June: Vintage Cameras
August: Ninjas & Samurais
September: Native American Heroes
November: Weird Bizarro Animals
December: A Surprise........
- (60 days)