It is practically impossible to make quality iced coffee quickly at home. Currently, we have two options:
- Waste time by letting it cold brew or cool in the refrigerator for hours (which usually tastes stale anyway).
- Waste money by using tons of extra ground coffee to counteract the dilution of brewing over ice.
Unfortunately, for those of us who use a single-serve brewer, we don’t even have that second option of adding extra coffee!
The HyperChiller was invented to solve that problem. It enables a user to turn freshly brewed hot coffee into quality iced coffee in one minute!
With the HyperChiller, hot coffee is flash-cooled without ever touching ice - so the coffee experiences zero dilution while cooling. Its patent pending, multi-chamber design keeps the ice and coffee separated while chilling up to 12.5 fluid ounces of coffee.
How it works
- Fill the small stainless steel cup with water, and snap it to the bottom of the lid.
- Fill the large stainless steel cup with water, and pour into the plastic cup.
- Snap the large stainless steel cup to the bottom of the lid, and twist the lid assembly on to the cup.
- Put in freezer until water is frozen.
- From a single serve brewer, coffee can brew directly onto the HyperChiller's lid; which will direct the hot coffee into its center cooling chamber.
- Alternatively, coffee can be carefully poured with any standard carafe onto the HyperChiller's lid.
- Due to the high surface area to volume ratio in the center cooling chamber, the HyperChiller rapidly cools freshly brewed hot coffee by up to 130 degrees in just 60 seconds. It can then can be poured over ice for a strong, flavorful iced coffee.
There is no need to disassemble and clean after every use; once each chamber is sealed to the lid, the liquids won't mix together. Just rinse out the coffee chamber, re-freeze, and it’s ready for next time!
The HyperChiller was designed to be very durable for repeated exposure to hot and freezing temperatures, and is dishwasher safe. It is constructed with high quality stainless steel, and food safe, BPA-free plastic.
When you are ready to clean it; simply thaw, disassemble, and put it in the dishwasher.
In production, both the lid and cup will be black. There is potential to introduce other exciting color options for the cup, depending on the amount of funding received.
This reward is one you'll actually want to wear! I chose American Apparel's tri-blend t-shirt specifically for its comfort and fit.
- Make iced tea - On a sunny afternoon you make a big pitcher of tea, but its too hot to enjoy right away. Now you can enjoy a tall glass immediately by using the HyperChiller.
- Manhattans, martinis, & whiskies - With a HyperChiller you can rapidly chill your liquors without any dilution! You don't need to make a fresh batch of oversize ice cubes every time and still worry about watering down your drink; just use the HyperChiller!
- Chill wine - Imagine you're at the wine store & find a nice bottle of white wine on the shelf. Once you get home, you'll have to sink the whole thing in ice for a half hour or put in the refrigerator for even longer! --- Or you could use the HyperChiller & rapidly cool the first two glasses, so you can enjoy it immediately while the rest cools in the fridge.
The patent is pending, manufacturing is lined up, and, most importantly, the HyperChiller has proven it works! All we need is your funding & support to get the ball rolling.
Your pledges will to help get the last production molds made, and the first order of HyperChillers produced!
Risks and challenges
Since the HyperChiller's parts are being produced overseas, and some tooling still needs to be cut and refined, there is still the potential for setbacks to the production timetable.
I am proactively working to avoid this issue, and will provide frequent updates as the production of the HyperChiller progresses. Thank you, in advance, for your pledges and support of the HyperChiller!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)