We have 18 days to reach $3,500!
Will you help?
HYDROPHONIC is a psychedelic hard rock band featuring Corey Largent (lead guitar/vocals), Sam Lowther (rhythm guitar, backup vocals), Zack Newman (bass guitar) and Shawn Stein (drums).
We are San Francisco natives who grew up together and developed a fondness for creating face-melting progressive hard rock that draws inspiration from the human condition, local landscape and the fantastical. We love our town and are proud to be part of the beautifully unforgiving chaos of San Francisco, a city revered for its richly creative community.
In April of 2011 we independently released our debut EP BEACHED, a heavy 6 track riff-and-groove effort. It has seen local success in newspapers, music shops and in the live arena.
2012 has been great to us so far. We've been playing consistently, hit the road and had our first shows experiences outside of the Bay area. We recently performed at the Team McCready Global Fundraiser event in Los Angeles in honor of Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready to raise money for the nonprofit organization Advocacy for Patients With Chronic Illness.
We want to go back into the studio in early May to record a new single entitled Friends Like These. The release of Friends Like These is one of many projects we have scheduled under the direction of our new management team at Moxy Media, led by Laura Trafton. Fans can expect more live shows, a fresh new website, residency on music and social media outlets, new merchandise and even more shows over the next few months as the we gear up to hopefully record our second album in the fall.
We are most excited to be opening for Flight to Mars, a tribute to 1970s English heavy rockers UFO featuring Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready, on Sunday, May 20th at The Independent in San Francisco. Being able to play on the same stage as one of our music heroes is a dream come true.
We're growing and evolving together as a band and know still that this is what we four are meant to do. With nearly 3 hours of music on deck in our personal library, Hydrophonic is ready to record our best release yet. That's where you come in.
We are hoping to reach the financial goal of $3,500 with your help.
Each contribution makes a big difference. From one dollar to one thousand, we've come up with some great ways to buy in and support the band. It's crazy expensive to record quality music, but with your help, the dream can become a reality.
What is Kickstarter?
Kickstarter is a crowd funding site that helps creative projects become a reality using a unique all-or-nothing method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands – but what does that really mean?
- You make a financial pledge anywhere from $1.00 or more in support of Hydrophonic – think of it like an investment in our future.
- Your pledge transaction is authorized through trusted global retailer Amazon.com, but no funds are withdrawn at this time.
- You receive a thank you ‘reward’ based on the amount you pledged if our campaign is a success.
- The more financial support you pledge, the bigger/better the reward you can receive.
- Helping to promote our Kickstarter campaign by email, linking, social media and word of mouth means more people will back our project.
- As our campaign gets more backers it will get more and more crowd support, kind of like an avalanche, until we reach and/or surpass our goal of $3,500.
- Your credit card is only charged after our project reaches its funding deadline and our goal of $3,500 or more is raised.
- If for some very sad reason our project does not reach its funding goal of $3,500, your card is never charged. That's why they are called ‘pledges’. It’s all or nothing.
- Once we pass our campaign deadline and we’ve reached our goal of $3,500+ we will make sure you receive your reward.
- The specific rewards and time frames are listed to the right. -->
Not many people these days have the opportunity to follow their dreams and we appreciate the chance you are giving us to follow our.
Friends Like These
Part of your pledge will be used to fund the production of our new single, Friends Like These, at Faultline Studios in San Francisco with engineer Michael Starita at the helm. It will cover two days in the studio recording, mixing, mastering; the production, art and packaging of the CD and the production of the single digital download cards.
Your pledges will also help to produce some sweet t-shirts, stickers, button packs and biz/QR/download cards with our new logo on them so we can really start focus on branding the band and bringing in revenue to fund future projects (like a new album in the fall).
We would like to have a proper set up worthy of being on the same bill as Mike McCready. We need new microphones, instrument tune-ups and repairs to make our live shows even better. Your funds would go towards making that happen in addition to getting a Hydrophonic banner backdrop for gigs so all the fans will know what name to scream while we melt their faces. :)
Our goal of $3,500 actually comes in under the estimated expenses and quotes we received, but we want to try to keep everything under budget. Considering all that we would like to do we’re keeping costs down by doing a lot of the art and design ourselves.
We would obviously love you guys to blow the roof off this project beyond the $3,500 goal. Any additional funds we receive over the $3,500 will be used towards the following;
1. Upgrading the quantity and quality of the “Friends Like These” CD, art and packaging so we can give back to YOU!
2. Creating a 7” vinyl edition of “Friends Like These” (to be included in some of the reward levels)
3. Upgrade the quantity, quality and selection of reward t-shirts, stickers and button packs and create new merchandise (to be included in some of the reward levels)
4. Promotion and advertising the Flight to Mars show at the Independent and other gigs.
5. Upgrade our instruments and equipment.
6. Book even more shows around the Bay area and beyond because we want to get out there and play as much as possible!
Besides the obvious benefits of being a positive force in the future of our band, the warm toasty feeling of knowing you are putting giant sh*t-eating grins on our faces and the good vibes and karma you’re sending out there; the rewards you can receive include:
- Producer credit on our new “Friends Like These” single
- VIP treatment at one of our shows w/backstage passes
- A song written & recorded about you
- Bay area beverages with the band
- Personalized video thank you made just for you
- One of a kind doodle from front man and artist Corey Largent
- Autographed drum stick from Shawn Stein
- Your name in the liner notes of “Friends Like These”
- Autographed “Friends Like These” CD
- Your name on the back of our new t-shirt
- Autographed promotional band photo
- Autographed copy of “Beached” EP
- Advanced digital download of “Friends Like These”
- Limited edition sticker
- Button set
- Our eternal gratitude
The specific rewards and time frames are listed to the right.
Music is our life. It's who we are, how we think, what we need, why we move and where we're headed. Hydrophonic wants nothing more than the opportunity to compose music and perform for our families, friends and fans.
Thanks in advance for your support. We don't take it lightly. We deeply appreciate any contribution that you can make. We hereby commit to you that we will maximize all resources to bring you the best project that we can make. Got questions or suggestions? Send a message out...we love hearing from you.
Corey, Sam, Zack & Shawn
Sam, Zack, Corey, Shawn
© photo by Lee Fenyves
HOW TO FIND US
Support this project
- (20 days)