A Thriller Feature Film called "Relentless" involving Human Trafficking shot in El Salvador and Los Angeles.
WE HAVE REACHED OUR MINIMAL GOAL! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
YOU CAN CONTINUE TO DONATE BELOW. AND WE STILL NEED ADDITIONAL FUNDING.
And you can still choose your rewards by reviewing the list on this site, then emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
The Kickstarter HUMAN RACE Campaign is raising funds for our thriller feature film, "RELENTLESS" involving Human Trafficking.
HOW ARE WE FIGHTING HUMAN TRAFFICKING?
Click HERE to find out.
A mother goes on a business trip to El Salvador with her daughter to settle her company's labor dispute. Her daughter is kidnapped by traffickers. The woman enlists the help of a reluctant local and together they turn El Salvador upside down in a relentless search for her daughter.
WHAT IS HUMAN?
HUMAN, LLC is award-winning director, Lance Tracy's film company with a benevolent focus. HUMAN makes dramatic films for general market that introduce, raise awareness, serve and support a given cause or organization they care about.
BECOME A BACKER WITH A CREDIT CARD
Here's an alternate way to donate to the Human Race if Kickstarter's Amazon Payments method doesn't work for you. If either way is fine for you, then use Kickstarter's "back this project" green button at the top so we can track & fulfill your rewards easier. Either way, we are VERY grateful for your support!
Often working with NBC/Universal, Lance Tracy is currently helping to brand the 2014 Winter Olympics as he did with the London Olympics. Lance started as an in-house dramatic films director for 5 years at KNN Productions, making films such as “The Cross” & “The Prodigal Daughter”. With distribution in 155 countries and 15 languages, he was sensitized to an international audience while earning 12 writing and directing awards. He has directed projects in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Cambodia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico City, Belize, Honduras, Moscow, St. Petersburg and the U.S. In 2004 he started HUMAN to produce a feature doc deemed by Sundance as “an accomplished film”. He then produced docs all over Mexico & Central America. HUMAN mixes his love of bettering the world with his passion for film. He lives in LA with his wife & 2 kids.
For the past 35 years Steve has spoken all over the world, not to mention danced for Jay Leno, met everyone from Mother Teresa to Bill Clinton, and taught a bird how to fly. He started a very successful performing arts ministry in New York City, then wrote, produced and directed the classic musical, “Upside Down”. A seasoned speaker and story teller, he has spoken in Madison Square Garden and performed a one man show on every continent but Antarctica... still working on that. He swam the Hudson River to raise money for HOPE worldwide and produced an award winning film. He’s an author, a skydiver, speaker, and father. Married for 35 years to the wife of his youth, Steve, like his work, is hilarious, soulful and life-changing. Oh, and he makes movies.
MICHELLE GLENN, PRODUCER
Over the past 14 years, Michelle has been involved in nearly every aspect of film production, marketing, sales, acquisition and distribution and we're lucky to have her on "Relentless". Always looking for ways to leave a meaningful footprint, her primary passion is to join media companies with organizations such as Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, Amnesty International, Green Peace and Sierra Club to increase awareness of the non-profit’s cause through media. Additionally, Michelle has been recognized in the industry for establishing new, non-traditional ways to market films while raising much needed funds for non-profits. Seattle-Native, Michelle now resides in LA with her high-energy fire fighter husband, their 3 children and 17 pets.
DAVID LEWIS, DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
David Lewis is an Emmy award-winning Director of Photography, Director and Writer. He has DP'd over 40 films for every major studio and network. Getting his start in Scottish Television he quickly formed his own production company. He moved to London working several years in documentaries, film and television. After moving to the US, he continued working in Commercials, Television and Music Videos--working with some of the biggest acts, including Van Halen, KISS, James Taylor, Styx, The Carpenters, REO Speedwagon and well, Pee Wee Herman. Along with being a DP, he's a prolific novelist and screenwriter.
The way I see it, a feature film has several elements that need to align to get it done, done well, done on time & done on budget, and those are our goals. I think like a producer, a director and an editor, depending on the stage of the film.
STEP 1) A GREAT SCRIPT - We're working our tails off, writing, re-writing, researching, working with folks in El Salvador, questioning trafficking victims, trafficking organizations, picking my friends' brains in El Salvador. This has to be real. It has to pull you in. Although my company helps causes--I like to keep the script and story out of it. This keeps the movie honest & sincere... and ultimately more effective in raising awareness.
STEP 2) FUNDING - That's where we all come in. YOU and ME. I'm putting in my own money on a daily basis. And I mean daily. Assuming this kickstarter campaign works, we'll be working right away on fulfillment of all items that can be sent out before shooting begins. (See "Rewards" below)
STEP 3) CASTING - I'm working with a great casting director who understands our budget, our goals and who loves the script. We're RELENTLESSLY searching (Pun intended) for the perfect lead to play the mother. And we'll find her. The daughter will more than likely be cast in LA as well. The rest are authentic Salvadorians. They have a strong industry in San Salvador.
STEP 4) THE RIGHT TEAM - I am SO confident in my team we've built this far. Michelle and Steve are experienced, wonderful producers who play their own roles well. I'm working with some of the usual people in El Salvador that I work with. This is my 5th time shooting there--that's why we chose there. And I'm stoked to shoot this. I always role up my sleeves and get in the trenches to get the shot. I love the story and I love the challenge of shooting low budget and getting a great look and incredible performances. That's what I look forward to most; surprising the audience and industry with the low cost of this film vs. the production value on the screen.
STEP 5) POST PRODUCTION - Ah - one of my strong points. I've worked in the editorial world a LONG time. And I've been afforded the opportunity to work on some very big shows. And I've collected friends and colleagues a long the way who are willing to do me favors on Editorial, Color Correcting, Music Score, Sound Design & Sound Mixing. (This is why we're able to make this movie for a minimum of 40k). BTW, Sound mixing is my favorite part because that means you're almost done and I'm wired to finish things so it makes me feel good. That and this is the stage at which I get to "feel" the film for the first time.
STEP 6) MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION - They say to start marketing your indie film before you finish the script--and that's exactly what we did. We brought on Michelle from the start. She's been working behind the scenes to secure premieres, festivals, and aligning us for the perfect distribution deal (which we're holding out on until our festival premiere).
(Lance here) - My thinking is that Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing pledge campaign. If we don't reach our minimum pledges, it goes back to the pledgers and we get nothing. We are making this movie. I'd rather do it on the bare-bones minimum budget than not at all. This $40,000 budget assumes additional money from me. It also assumes high-end editorial AFTER a distribution deal. We'll get it to the festival stage with this minimum budget and get YOU our supporters all your rewards.
- EL SALVADOR PRODUCTION Feb-April 2014
- LA PRODUCTION - April 2014
- POST PRODUCTION - April-June 2014
- ROUGH CUT SCREENING - July 2014
- GROUP "SKYPE" SCREENINGS - Oct 2014
- ADVANCE SCREENINGS - Oct-Nov 2014
- PREMIERE SCREENINGS - Jan 2015 (Subject to Festival Admission)
- SPECIAL EDITION DVD RELEASE - Feb 2015
- GENERAL DISTRIBUTION - Mar 2015
END OF KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
- A PERSONAL "THANK YOU" on the film website! (Dec 2013)
- NAME A CHARACTER IN THE FILM - We guarantee that this character’s first name will be spoken and in the final cut. Just think of it, your contribution will forever go down in cinematic history! (Jan 2014)
- DIRECTOR-SHOT VIDEO DIARY (downloadable) The director will shoot video mobile videos throughout production so you get the play-by-play behind the scenes. (Jan-Apr 2014)
DURING LOS ANGELES FILMING
- SET VISIT IN LOS ANGELES - Watch us film a scene, have lunch with cast and crew, and take part in movie making magic. (Travel and Accommodations not included) (Apr 2014)
BE AN EXTRA IN THE MOVIE! Spend the day on our Los Angeles set. You will get to meet the actors working that day, and have lunch with the cast and crew. You may even end up in the final movie--we can’t promise but we'll try! (Travel & Accommodations not included) (Apr 2014)
- SPEAKING ROLE IN FILM - Have you always wanted to be in a movie? Perfect! We will provide at least one line for you to speak as an actor on the Los Angeles set! You will get to meet the actors working that day, and have lunch with the cast and crew. You'll work directly with Lance. We cannot promise that you will show up in the final cut but we will most certainly try to get you in there! (Travel & Accommodations not included) (Apr 2014)
DURING POST PRODUCTION
- MENTOR OR CASTING - Lance will watch your short film or reel & headshots and provide you with 1 page of honest and constructive feedback. If he thinks you're ready, he'll recommend you to his casting director. (May 2014)
- SURPRISE PROP - You will receive a prop of our choice from the set! (May 2014)
- FILM SLATE OR HERO PROP - You will receive the 1 & only film slate or a 1 of a kind Prop seen close up on screen.The director and principle cast will sign the slate (or prop) and shoot a video presenting it to you. You will own a part of film history! (May 2014)
- HAND-DRAWN STORYBOARDS (PDF) straight from the storyboard artist. (June 2014)
- DIRECTOR'S PRODUCTION DIARY (downloadable) so you can be a part of the Director’s process of making the movie. (June 2014)
- ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT with unique production photos. (June 2014)
- SPECIAL EDITION PRODUCTION MEMOIR E-BOOK - Filled with Concept Art, Storyboards, Production Photos and Cast & Crew Bios & Poster Artwork. (July 2014)
- SPECIAL EDITION PRINTED & SIGNED PRODUCTION MEMOIR BOOK, filled with Concept Art, Storyboards, Production Stills, Cast & Crew Bios & Poster Artwork. (July 2014)
- FRAMABLE ART PRINTS - 2 high quality frame-ready 8x10 prints. You choose from a selection of movie production stills & scenic photos shot in the beautiful country of El Salvador during production. Signed by the Director & Principal Cast. (July 2014)
- EDIT ROOM SCREENING - Screen the film in LA during post-production (before it is finished).After we show you the film, we look forward to hearing your first-hand input and we'll take your ideas into consideration for the final film. (Travel & Accommodations not included) (July 2014)
- FIRST ACCESS TO TEASER (download) (Aug 2014)
1ST PUBLIC SCREENING
- GROUP MOVIE SCREENING - We will hold at least 3 Screenings of the film via Skype. Watch the film from your computer or mobile device & Lance will do live director's commentary. (Oct 2014)
ADVANCE-SCREENINGS (BEFORE FESTIVAL PREMIERE)
- ADVANCE FILM SCREENING in LA/NY/AUSTIN - Tickets to the pre-release screening. Director "ask anything" Q&A after. (Travel and Accommodations not included) (Oct-Nov 2014)
- VIP AT ADVANCE SCREENING - You & a guest will sit in the VIP row with the Cast & Crew at the Advance Film Screening & after-party in LA, NY or Austin. (Travel & Accommodations not included) We truly couldn’t make this film without you, and we really look forward to thanking you personally. (Oct-Nov 2014)
- PRODUCT PLACEMENT - Your logo or product will show up on screen or audibly somewhere in the movie. (Oct-Nov 2014)
- PROMOTE your favorite Human Trafficking-related organization by putting their website information in the credit roll and on the Human, LLC. website. (Oct-Nov 2014)
- YOUR NAME IN THE FILM - Within the filming of the movie, we will use your name (written or audible)! Your support will be forever noted in this very memorable way and we are thrilled to show everyone that we are grateful to you. (Oct-Nov 2014)
- SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU IN THE CREDIT ROLL (Oct-Nov 2014)
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER CREDIT - Your name in the credit roll as "Associate Producer" and on IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) recorded in film history forever. (Oct-Nov 2014)
- LIMITED EDITION "RELENTLESS" MOVIE POSTER - Signed by Director & Principle Cast. (Oct-Nov 2014)
AFTER ADVANCE SCREENINGS / BEFORE FESTIVAL PREMIERE
- PRINTED AUTOGRAPHED "RELENTLESS" SCREENPLAY by Writer & Director (Dec 2014)
- DOWNLOADABLE "RELENTLESS" SCREENPLAY before the movie is released. (Dec 2014)
AFTER FESTIVAL PREMIERE / BEFORE GENERAL DISTRIBUTION
- EXCLUSIVE COPY OF MOVIE + OUTTAKES REEL (downloadable) (Feb 2015)
- EXCLUSIVE "RELENTLESS" SOUNDTRACK (downloadable) -You’ll get it first, before the release. (Feb 2015)
- EXCLUSIVE "RELENTLESS" DVD (Feb 2015)
- LIMITED EDITION "RELENTLESS" BLU-RAY (Feb 2015)
BECOME A BACKER WITH A CREDIT CARD
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
My team takes pride in integrity; doing what we say were going to do. Getting the job done as quickly and cheaply as HUMANLY possible (pun intended again) with incredible production value. David Lewis (my DP) & I have done this over and over.
We have set fulfillment plans in effect to take care of YOU first. We have a small team of interns and a fulfillment house. So everything on the rewards list that is made before the movie is made, will be shipped out before production begins.
There are inherent dangers in filming in Central America--I always travel with armed guards. My favorite is "Sr. Grande". He never lets me handle his weapon and I try... We'll be safe. We'll finish the film. Those of you who are expecting a copy will get it.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.