WHAT MAKES THIS GAME UNIQUE?
1. Plays and Feels like the Show : create your own legend!
2. Secret Plan Phase : strategy, skill and fun table politics!
3. Dynamic Player Interaction : become Earl. Go on Raids. Form alliances, betray others and defend when needed!
* Easy to pledge. Get your game for Season 4b and before Xmas!
Join our Raiding Party!
Raid & Conquer™ is based on the hit TV series, VIKINGS™. This strategic deck building card game is designed to bring out the Viking in any fan and even challenge the most skilled gamers! Experience the life and times of an ambitious Viking in the course of an hour. There are shaky alliances and brutal betrayals. You can battle each other or work together and travel to newly discovered lands to Raid and Pillage. Are you willing to share the plunder when you're in command?
What is Raid & Conquer™?
Raid & Conquer™ is a unique, interactive deck building game for 2-5 players, where each player takes on the role of a character from the VIKINGS™ show. Players choose to play as Ragnar, Lagertha, Rollo, Floki, or Bjorn. Each player has the ability to buy cards from the game board and choose between four different actions on their Character Shields.
The game ends when a player has collected 5 Raid Cards. This does not mean that the player has won the game. Rather, all players count their total Legend Points found in each of their Treasure cards and Raid cards.
Raid England and France - Send out raiding parties on your longboats into England and France to bring back treasure. Make a name for yourself by joining others on a large Raid Party, or head off on your own Lone Raid. The greatest Vikings make a name for themselves by raiding and plundering valuable treasure!
Attack your Friends - Has Ragnar's name become more renowned than your own? Then remind him that you are not one to be forgotten. Attack your friends and steal their treasure cards and pillage their raid cards!
In the Box
- 1 Card Layout Board (Large 6 fold board), because who doesn't like a nicely organized board to play on?
- 1 Plastic Tray Insert, to keep things organized.
- 1 Sixteen page full color rule book, because even a Viking needs to learn how to raid from somebody.
- 1 Quick-Raid card, when you don't have time for the rule book.
- 1 Earl Token, to show who plays first each round, who leads the Raid party, and who everyone else currently loves to hate.
- 5 Character Shields and Action Clips, to secretly choose your action each round.
- 21 Raid Cards, because you need someone to raid after all.
- 199 Vikings Cards, because even the most Legendary Viking needs allies, ships, and even a little help from the gods.
- 5 player reference cards
Unboxing and Gameplay
Basic Funding Level
More stretch goals to be revealed as the campaign progresses. If you would like more information, please check out our Vikings website here, or our main company website highrollergames.com.
How To Play
1. Draw Phase : Draw 5 new cards from your deck and look at them. If your deck is empty, shuffle your discard pile to become your deck.
2. Secret Plan Phase : Choose your secret action based on the cards in your hand.
- Defend - Increase your defenses against the other players, and Bury treasure to buy your way to Fame.
- Attack Character - Try to overcome another players defenses to steal a card, gain a treasure and even go after their Raid Cards!
- Raid Party - As a group attack a large Raid Card. The Earl takes the card, and everyone on the Raid Party gains a treasure.
- Lone Raid - Go off on your own for Fame and Glory. But beware, only the strongest can Lone Raid on a turn.
3. Main Phase : Buy cards from the board and play all the cards in your hand. Do not discard them.
4. Action Phase : All players reveal the action they chose during the Secret Plan Phase. Actions begin for players in order:
i. Defend ii. Attack Character iii. Raid Party iv. Lone Raid
5. End of Round Phase : Cards are placed into a player’s discard pile. Cards that are buried go to your Bury pile. Raid cards are put in your Raid pile and Sacrificed cards go back to their decks and piles on the game board.
Dave Phelps - Game Designer, Creator / Derek Hodgins - CEO, Creator / Bruce Downs - General Manager / Jonathan Thwaites - Game Designer, Creator / Mark Tompkins - Marketing, Customer Relations / James Eubanks - Graphic Designer / Kerry Roberts - Artist / James Bombgarden - Artist, Graphic Designer
After all KickStarter pledges of the Limited Edition game have been filled, any leftover printed copies will be available while quantities last on our online store ONLY. Limited Edition copies will not be available to retail stores.
Download the rules HERE. Please note, this will not be the final layout of the rules. Send us anything that is unclear to you in the rules, and we will ensure the final version is as clear as possible for everyone.
What Is Kickstarter? Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform. A company (thats us) puts up a project (thats this game) and asks fans (thats you) to contribute money towards making the project happen. You reserve a copy, and will receive it before anyone else does—and along the way, you help us make sure it's the best possible Vikings™ Deck Building game possible!
HRG’s game design team has worked hard to ensure the game pays homage to the TV series VIKINGS™ and reflects the show in its game play. “If we’re going to make a Vikings™ game, we’re going to do it right” said Derek Hodgins, CEO of High Roller Games Inc. “We’ve poured a ton of resources into this game over the past year and the RAID & CONQUER™ game will now be in production soon.” This Kickstarter Campaign will allow us to go even bigger and better, so that we can offer a Premium Limited Edition RAID & CONQUER game that fans deserve. Backers will get the game for a special price on Kickstarter.
We're not billing the shipping during the KS campaign. We will be working with our fulfillment company to provide the best possible shipping cost to everyone. When we know how many packages we are sending out, and to what areas, we can negotiate better rates for you. Charging shipping later means that you will be charged less overall!
If, for any reason a Stretch Goal Component is not ready for the November shipment, there will be no additional shipping costs to the Backers when we send it out later.
Shipping Estimates :
Canada : $12 - $20 CAD aprox.
U.S.A. : $10 - $16 USD aprox.
World Wide : Depends on your location.
* We use Shipwire for our fulfilment across North America, U.K., Europe, Hong Kong and Australia. We will push to have our costs as low possible for our customers. Estimates TBD after campaign.
* Please note that shipping charges above are estimates and are subject to change.
Shipping a game box is expensive. If we set a flat rate up front for shipping, we would need to charge on the high end for everybody. By waiting and knowing how many packages and to what areas we will be shipping, we are able to negotiate a better shipping rate for everybody.
We will use BackerKit, a service separate from Kickstarter that helps Kickstarter campaigns gather data, take additional payments, and run a tight-as-possible shipping operation. It'll also let us offer you the option to add more items to your order after the campaign is over, in case you missed anything! We'll send this out after Kickstarter's own payment processing to settles out. You'll be emailed a "survey" link that will also give you the opportunity to make some updates to your pledge, purchase add-on items, and—importantly, for this campaign—pay for shipping. We will give you a heads-up before we send the survey so that you can watch for it. More details on that when the time is right. For our funding to work properly here, it's important that you DON'T pay for your shipping in advance. Our funding targets are based on our costs WITHOUT shipping included. We can't spend shipping money on producing the game, and vice versa. :) So please wait until the time is right!
Add-Ons That Will Be Available Through BackerKit
We'll be offering add-ons for sure. Extra copies of the game, other funded items if we end up stretching for them, and a selection of items from our existing catalog.
- Additional Copies of either the base game, or the Limited Edition game.
- Card Sleeves. initially only available as package sizes for the game, but if sufficient funds are raised, then 50 sleeve packs will also be available as add ons.
- If unlocked, the expansion will be available for for anyone who will not receive one automatically.
- Other products produced by High Roller Games
Risks and challenges
High Roller Games Inc. is officially licensed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. to produce the Vikings TM: Raid & Conquer TM Card Game (based on the hit TV series).
VIKINGS © 2013 TM Productions Limited/T5 Vikings Productions Inc. An Ireland-Canada Co-Production. VIKINGS is a trademark of TM Productions Limited. © 2016 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Raid & Conquer is a trademark of High Roller Games Inc.
© 2016 High Roller Games Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Products presented on this Kickstarter page and also during the campaign may be subject to change in order to meet the expectations of our Licensing Agreement.
By pledging on this Kickstarter, you acknowledge that the final look and contents of the pledges may change and differ from what is presented at the start of the campaign.
This is our first Kickstarter project, which we are launching after extensive research into launching a Kickstarter project.
We are fully aware of potential delays that may happen with products - the common ones being production, shipping, and customs delays.
We have estimated the delivery for November 2016 for the Basic game, and March 2017 for the Limited Edition game, but please understand this is only an estimate. Due to the logistics involved in shipping, some regions may receive their pledges sooner than others.
High Roller Games is confident in a successful Kickstarter Campaign, however we will refund pledges if for some unforeseen reason the game cannot be delivered at all.
Approved requests for refunds will be given within 60 days of the campaign ending including fees. After this time refunds may be given minus the Kickstarter and payment processing fees due to us not being able to claim them back after 60 days.
If we have initiated the packaging and shipment stages of the project (around 2-5 weeks before the actual shipping date) we are unable to refund at this stage.
Refunds within 60 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit/debit card. Refunds after 60 days of the campaign ending are processed via PayPal only.
This is a Canadian Kickstarter and refunds will be processed in Canadian funds for the amount received, excluding any applicable fees dependent on the day at which the refund is processed as detailed above.
Terms and Conditions
If you do not confirm your shipping and pledge details within 10 weeks of our notification via email to confirm it will be treated as abandoned. We will however look at each case sympathetically and try our best to satisfy each customer.
By pledging on this Kickstarter you agree that our responsibility to you is for shipping your order as entered into the pledge management system. You are responsible for import or other duties that may be payable to relevant tax authorities. You also accept that you are fully liable for incorrect shipping details and will risk your pledge being unable to be delivered or lost in transit.
If you do not accept the proposed terms please do not pledge on this Kickstarter project and wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)