I would like to thank each and every one of you for your incredible support now that we have finished all of our remaining HOT Watch shipments. Your feedback was focused not solely on expressing your concerns, but also on how the HOT brand can improve in the future. I do not take this relationship for granted.
It is on this note that I am thrilled to introduce HOT Band ( www.hotsmartband.com ) an exciting new PHTL product which will go live on Kickstarter within 20 mins. More than a dozen PHTL engineers have been working around the clock to create this device in order to fill three major technological gaps: The Apple Watch does not provide privacy on calls since they are always on speaker; other smartwatches largely do not have calling features at all, and many people that would want private calling still prefer traditional watches to smartwatches. Hence, the HOT Band comes in the form of either an Audio Fob, a device that provides a private calling feature for use on any watch and can also be removed for use as a Bluetooth headset, or a Smart Fob that comes with a display to convert classic watches in particular into Smartwatches, as it provides fitness tracking, notifications, weather, music control, and more.
We of course understand that those that have experienced delays and hardware complications with HOT Watch may be hesitant to back HOT Band. I would like to assure you that we will deliver this product on time with absolutely no risk by providing the following guarantees:
1) Money-back guarantee on any shipping delays: We are confident to meet all of our shipping dates and are providing a 100% money-back guarantee just in case this item does not ship on the promised ship date and if the refund is requested before the item is shipped.
2) Free Band: If you were a HOT Watch backer and would like to support HOT Band, you will receive an extra leather band from us, completely for free. Or you can choose a band which does not require a watch. Smart fob connects to this silicone band and can be used as a fitness device with smart features, without a watch.(This silicone band is not listed on KS)
3) -Technological Upgrades: HOT Band, in cooperation with CSR/Qualcomm, was specially designed to have a wireless connection that is both more stable and longer range. We have also worked diligently to ensure that the private calling feature is far more private.
4) Simple Manufacturing Process: Since HOT Band does not require any firmware, software or interior cables, this product will not encounter the manufacturing dilemmas that HOT Watch experienced. Not to mention that we are now working with far higher-quality manufacturers than before as well.
Separately from HOT Band, we also have two updates to share on HOT Watch to prove that we are following up on our commitment to constantly improve our product.
1) iPhone App: The new iOS app version 2.0 is in app store now. The user interface is completely redesigned with simplified screens and an improved Bluetooth connection. It will work with new or older versions of the firmware.
2) Firmware upgrade: We have released the new watch firmware version 1.6.1, which has double touch/tap to switch on the backlight on the main screen, a tilt gesture to switch on the backlight (in the settings menu, turn on all gestures for this to work,) and an extra communication protocol to support the iPhone App 2.0.
Ultimately, there is no better way to demonstrate the genuine nature of an apology than to match words with actions. I am not requesting that any of you to take a leap of faith, but rather I ask that you look at how hard the PHTL team has worked to turn our past Kickstarter project into a productive learning experience. Any successful crowdfunding campaign relies on the intricate symbiosis between the creators and their backers, and in HOT Band’s success I look forward to showing how all of you have already made a difference.
Shariq Hamid, PHTL CEO