About this project
***For Gameplay Details, Rules, Creature Stats & Abilities, and a full gameplay video, please scroll down the page.***
HoloGrid: Monster Battle is a hybrid CCG/turn-based tactical strategy game, brought to you by Tippett Studio and HappyGiant.
With the goal to defeat your opponent's Champion, the game uses team and spell based combat, set on an AR tabletop-like playing board, allowing intense battles to take place.
- Platforms: Mobile for main goal (iOS/Android), many others if we hit Stretch Goals.
- Boxed Product: The game is a one-time-fixed price purchase. This is NOT a Free-To-Play mobile game and we won't bother you with in-app purchases (read my lips!). We may introduce new creature card packs over time, but only if you want 'em!
- Strategy: If we hit our Stretch Goal of 30 Creatures, that's well over 100,000 team combinations! The base 8 units provide over 400!
- Unique Abilities: All units will come with their own unique abilities, movement ranges, and more; allowing for endless amounts of strategy. See Creature Gifs below for more details.
- Character Classes - Champions, Tanks, Specialists, Ranged/Shooters and Fighters.
- Spells - Like the Creatures, every spell will be unique, and have the ability to shift the tide of the battle.
- Fast Paced: The game matches take only 10-15 minutes, so you can play a quick session or multiple matches in no time.
- PvP / 2 Player Game - The game is for made for 2 players/teams.
- MP - Local Multiplayer included, and Remote Multiplayer if Stretch Goal hit.
Every Monster/Unit in the game comes with a unique ability, providing endless amounts of tactical strategy on the board.
What is Photogrammetry?
Tippett Studio - Founded in 1984 by animation pioneer Phil Tippett, is an Academy Award®-winning media production company specializing in CG animation and digital effects for feature films, television, commercials, VR and AR. The Berkeley, CA based company has created visual effects for blockbuster movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Ted, The Twilight Saga, Cloverfield, Starship Troopers, Jurassic Park and Robocop. Tippett Studio’s commercial work has garnered four Clio awards. Tippett Studio is currently in production on a large format ride for a Chinese Theme Park. http://www.tippett.com
HappyGiant - Founded by veterans of LucasArts, ILM, Hasbro and Pileated Pictures, HappyGiant is an independent developer and publisher of video games and entertainment for PCs, mobile, tablets and emerging platforms. http://www.happygiant.com
- Mike Levine - Veteran of LucasArts “Golden Era” working on Sam & Max: Hit The Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, Monkey Island 2 & 3, Jedi Knight 1 & 2 and many others.
- Bob Driscoll - Creator of “Scrabble Flash”, Game of the Year, Hasbro
Risks and challenges
Every project using new, cutting edge technology has risks, but the experiences of the teams at Tippett Studio and HappyGiant are more than equipped to solve any problems that come up. They've been doing it for decades.
Digital - The mobile game is made with Unity3D and uses Vuforia for it's augmented reality tech. Both of these are supported by very large companies committed to them long term, but there is always a risk technologies can change and stop working as they once did. We are confident we will be able to resolve any of those issues if they arise.
Physical Design and Production: We need to finish our cards, board and box designs and get them printed in a professional facility, which we already have in place.
U.S.A Manufacturing: We are proud to be working with a fully US based printing facility that is local, and also happens to print another very well known CCG.
App Store Policies: The mobile App stores occasionally adopt new policies which may impact aspects of the game development and distribution. Should any policies impact our plans, we are confident that we will be able adapt those plans to be acceptable to the App stores.
We've done our best to minimize all the risks as far as possible, and we are always happy to refund pledges if, for some totally unforeseen reason, the game can't be delivered at all.
Support this project
- (35 days)