Weekly Productivity Planner meets Daily Tarot Journal
Weekly Productivity Planner meets Daily Tarot Journal
WHAT EVEN IS THIS?
Hello Kickstarter, and welcome to TarotPlanner's first kickstarter! Here's the part where I figure out a way to tell you about the project. Honestly, I've never been much good at talking about myself, my businesses, or even what I'm doing for the day, so writing this is/was a bit of a struggle. Thanks for bearing with me.
Like learning to speak or write publicly, forming a new positive habit can be hard. Journaling, planning, and keeping a daily tarot practice... that's a lot. Now imagine having those three daily habits spread across three or more separate notebooks. Having to remember what's in what book, random notes written hastily in wrong places, and a billion pounds of books in your bag... Utter chaos. At least that was my experience. Not only was it disorganized at best, it just became too difficult to maintain the routine, and eventually the whole enterprise dissolved.
Then it hit me. What if there was one planner that combined the best of all worlds?
- A functional weekly planner
- A daily draw tarot journal
- Freestyle bullet journaling
I made the most laughably rustic printable and TarotPlanner was born!
ENOUGH ORIGIN STORY. TELL US ABOUT THE PLANNER.
TarotPlanner was designed specifically to help keep planning / journaling / etc. as one holistic activity instead of having to separate it out into this weird disjointed process involving multiple books.
- Black vegan leather soft cover with debossed logo: keeps things professional and sleek, but you can easily decorate the cover for a pop of color if you wish! Bendy enough to fit in even the most crowded of bags.
- 120gsm ecologically sourced paper: In the quest for perfect paper we chose one that was able to take a wide array of pens, markers, and other art mediums. This paper provided the best use variety while still being practical for production.
- Satin ribbon bookmarks: Three bookmarks to help you quickly find a saved page or important note.
- Lay-Flat binding: Sewn binding provides an archival book-style feel but lays flat so you dont have to do battle with the cover while you write
- Large pocket on the inside back cover: You can keep so many snacks in it. I recommend snacks that are flat, but ultimately that's your decision.
- A4 size, 360 Pages: Slightly longer and slightly thinner than letter size, The planner measures approx. 21cm x 28.5cm x 3cm and weighs just under 3lbs. It's not a small book, but it also replaces at least 3 books you'd otherwise be carrying, so we think that's a win!
- MONDAY START: This planner is a Monday - Sunday planner. This keeps your weekends together, and it's awesome. Is it weird at first? It sure is. Will you grow to love it and wonder why a Sunday calendar is even still a thing anymore? You sure will.
- DATELESS: Like much of my teens and twenties, this planner is date free. You can start and finish it whenever you need, with minimal paper waste.
- COLLATED SECTIONS: The months and weeks are collated in this planner! No flipping back and forth to separate areas of the planner. Each monthly spread is followed by 5 weekly spreads.
- Birth Tarot Card / Year Tarot Card Worksheets: Calculating these cards has never been easier.
- Wheel of the Year Tarot Spread and Journal: Perform and refer back to this reading as needed through out your year.
- Monthly Calendars: 12 monthly calendar spreads with goal setting checklists and mini tarot spreads
- Weekly Planning Pages: 60 weekly spreads with 30minute time slots 7am - Midnight, full sections for the weekend days, self care / habit tracker, free journaling space, weekly affirmation space, and gratitude space. Whew... we sure did cram in a lot!
- Daily Draw Journal: After every weekly planning spread is a journal spread to record your daily tarot cards for the week and lots of journaling space.
- Bullet Journal Pages: Two bullet pages after every month and 10 more in the back provides lots of space for any additional journaling / tracking you'll need.
PLEASE NOTE BULLETED AREAS ARE FAINT TO OPTIMIZE THE LOOK OF YOUR PAGES. They were designed to not photograph well, and as a result they didn't photograph well. Well played, me... well played...
This undated edition of TarotPlanner includes special spreads created by some of the most amazing people in the tarot community! Without their support, this planner might not have even been a thing, so please show them some love!
- Daily Download Spread by Ivan Ambrose of www.tarotprose.com
- The Asshole Spread by Shannon Gomez, creator of Rebel Deck www.rebeldeck.com
- I'm Human I Made A Mistake Spread by Jillian C. Wilde, creator of the Naked Heart Tarot www.jilliancwilde.com
- Forecasting A Situation Spread by Ian Black, creator of the Black Tarot www.blacktarot.cards
AREN'T PAPER PLANNERS BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
Sometimes in our busy lives it's easy to not realize the environmental impact we have on the planet. Yes, paper planners can be bad for the ecosystem, but I dont want you to have to worry about it. I've taken every precaution possible to make sure TarotPlanner is as sustainable as possible. The paper is recycled and recyclable, but your planner is also meant to be a nice keepsake, should you choose to keep and archive it. In addition to high quality materials, TarotPlanner has taken steps to ensure longevity of environmental resources. We're excited to reveal how at a later date.
Due to popular demand I've added a PDF reward. Anyone who pledges for a PDF reward will have a choice between Monday or Sunday start. The PDF page size will be reduced from A4 to Letter Size (8.5"x11") for easy at-home printing. It will be a complete PDF with all 300+ pages and will be sent as a compressed ZIP file upon the completion of your backerkit survey.
SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT
SUPER IMPORTANT: Shipping costs will be calculated post-campaign so I can guarantee you the best shipping rate possible for your rewards. I am still researching post-campaign management, but will likely go with BackerKit. There you will be able to choose additional add-ons and shipping.
Because of the weight and size of the planner current shipping costs per planner are as estimated and are in no way to be considered final:
- USA: $10 - $15 priority insured shipping. Media mail / first class options are also being considered.
- CANADA: $40
- EVERYWHERE ELSE: $60 (pro tip: I can fit two planners in an international medium rate box.. #buddysystem!)
I know... those numbers are high... I'm researching options and promise to deliver your planner as safely and as financially responsibly as possible.
Think stretch goals, but not quite! As we reach milestones in funding, I'll be creating printables for your planners! These are "all or nothing" though and will only be delivered if the funding goal is met. Anyone who pledged for a planner will receive the printables.
- $5,000.00: Deck Inventory Printable
- $10,000.00: COMMUNITY CHOICE
- $15000.00: COMMUNITY CHOICE
- $20,000.00: COMMUNITY CHOICE
TO BE ANNOUNCED!
- Additional Planners: $40 each
Interested in carrying TarotPlanner in your shop? That would be amazing. Contact me for wholesale opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Risks and challenges
This is my first kickstarter, but I am not new to business or customer service. The planner is ready to go to print, and several prototypes have been received from the printer. Potential risks include longer print and shipping times than I've been quoted, and force majeure. I am 100% committed to transparent and timely communication between myself and backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Environmental commitmentsVisit our Environmental Resources Center to learn how Kickstarter encourages sustainable practices.
- (30 days)