"I was a crazy kid; I was always making a scene. My dad had to talk the cops out of arresting me a few times, maybe one time to many. He kicked me out of the house and told me how disappointed he was with me. It struck me like a lightning bolt to my heart. It made me change my ways - I grew up.
I got out of my disrespectful and childish ways and realized that I was quite foolish for doing the things I have done. Now, as the neighborhood kids act out the very shananigans I did when I was younger, I must take action. I must make sure that they learn so they too can become productive members of society, maybe they can even become accountants, lawyers or doctors. I definitely don't want them to end up like my friends did - constantly in and out of jail, leading lives in quiet desperation."
"At one point in time Robert was just a normal guy. He was charming, handsome, and some might even say charismatic - no one would say that now. Why just today Robert decided to release his rage on the neighborhood children by lecturing them with a long-winded story. He is the absolute worst.
Some may say I am not much better, though, I STRONGLY disagree. I am not as bad as Mr. Robert T. Rage. That man is an absolute mess. He is an abomination to this Cul-De-Sac and I want him gone NOW!"
"I am not quite sure why I moved here - it was many a moon ago. However, I surely cannot move out. I have far too much stuff to move, and besides I cannot see my dreadfully annoying neighbors win. I will not allow it. If they want to play games than I will play games. If they want to compete to annoy me out of my own home I will make sure that I will NOT go out quietly."
"Jim and I decided to move here because we thought it would be a safe place to raise Tommy. Though, the more we look the more we find wrong with the neighborhood. We are living in a death trap. Poor Tommy. We only want the best for him. We want him to live a happy life, but everyone insists on making that difficult for us.
The other day Tommy ventured into that nasty hoarder’s backyard and explored his filth. Tommy climbed up a washing machine to get a better look and fell down on his head. He had a massive gash in his forehead. We will never let him leave the house without a helmet again… The world is just too crazy. We cannot take it any more. We have to get this hoarder out of our Cul-De-Sac. If it were not for our atrocious neighbors this would have been the ideal location for us. It is right by the nice schools, clean parks and Jim’s job."
Any problems? Just follow this link: http://bit.ly/1VUrotu
Throughout the campaign, you can unlock achievements through helping back the campaign and engaging with us on social media. As we reach our funding goal and increase our followers, we will release special Kickstarter edition cards, expand the NSFW deck, and possibly throw in a game board. To unlock the achievements, please use the hashtag #KickstarterCC and tag us @atheriscc!
Now to the fun stuff...
- Post 25 pictures of a real life character in the game and we will create a special Kickstarter limited edition character.
- Create a Wikipedia Page for Cul-De-Sac Conquest and we will unlock the Hipster character card. They were on Wikipedia before it was cool.
- Post 10 pictures of a yard full of election signs and we will unlock the Election Sign annoyance card.
- Post 10 videos of old people telling a story for over 10 minutes and we will unlock the Long-Winded Story Time annoyance card.
- Post 10 videos of dumpster diving and showing the best find and we will unlock the Dumpster Diver annoyance card. We might even add some of the best video finds into the artwork!
- Held a garage sale, proceeds went to Cul-de-Sac Conquest Kickstarter campaign and we will unlock the Garage Sale annoyance card.
- Post 25 pictures of a real life fraternity with a couch on the front lawn and we will unlock the Frat Boy character card.
- Post 25 pictures of yard art and we will unlock the Yard Art annoyance card and include some easter eggs into the artwork.
- Post 25 pictures of phones in toilets and we will unlock the Phone in Toilet annoyance card. Have you tried putting your phone in rice?
- Post 25 pictures of coffee spilled on you and we will unlock the Spill Hot Coffee annoyance card. You might be able to hide that stain with a tie.
- Post 25 pictures of Halloween costumes of Cul-De-Sac Conquest characters and we will unlock the Extreme Haunted House annoyance card. Can you beat the cute Cat Lady little girl on Facebook?
This campaign would not be possible without the support of the University of Florida namely:
Risks and challenges
We have relationships and contacts with manufacturers to produce the games as well as logistics companies to handle shipping and fulfillment. As with any foreign production/logistics there are potential challenges in the time it takes to receive product. Though, we have vett our potential manufacturers for quality and researched reviews and feedback from other game designers who have previously worked with them.
If we have an issue with this we will update the campaign and keep everyone in the loop as to what the delays are and how we are working to prevent/lessen them.
We will work diligently to bring you, the backer, the best-quality game in the shortest time within our capabilities.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)