Update 28 -- The Final Push, New Stretch Goals!!
We're now in the final 20 (make that 19) hours of the campaign. This is the final push! Thank you so much for being a part of this, and for being with us during these final hours.
Our combined Kickstarter and PayPal totals are close to $245K, about $5K away from our next Stretch Goal of the Extended Game Soundtrack (Double the Music!) from Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan.
Since we're going to hit that, possibly soon, we're unlocking two new Stretch Goals for you to drool over.
New Stretch Goals!
In honour of our amazing International audience, we're unlocking two "International Reach" stretch goals:
- International Reach, Phase 1 -- All game text translated + subtitles in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- International Reach, Phase 2 -- All game text translated + subtitles in Russian, Swedish, Finnish, and Dutch.
But these stretch goals are not just for our non-English speaking friends at home and overseas -- we're also unlocking some goodies for our English-speaking backers.
- The Long Dark Radio Play. We're going to pull award-winning voice talents like Mark Meer, Elias Toufexis, Jennifer Hale, and David Hayter into a sound studio and have them act out a radio play from The Long Dark universe.
- The Long Dark Graphic Novel Gets a Voice! We're going to add voices from our all-star cast to the downloadable Graphic Novel we already unlocked at $225K.
So, to recap these new Stretch Goals:
$275K Stretch Goal -- International Reach, Phase 1; Radio Play! We'll translate all in-game text and offer subtitles in French, Italian, German, and Spanish. We'll also give everyone an incredible Radio Play featuring our award-winning voice cast.
$300K Stretch Goal -- International Reach, Phase 2; Voiced Graphic Novel! We'll translate all in-game text and offer subtitles in Russian, Swedish, Finnish, and Dutch. We'll also add English voices from our all-star cast to the downloadable The Long Dark graphic novel all backers are already getting!
The Final Hours
In honour of our backers and the amazing amount of support we've had on Twitter, we're going to be Live Tweeting the final hours of our Kickstarter campaign, starting tomorrow at 4AM PST. (Oh why didn't we start the campaign at midnight?)
We'll be using the hashtag: #thelongdark
Here are the relevant Twitter handles:
- @HinterlandGames (the studio's Twitter account)
- @emilyclaireafan (Emily Claire Afan, Community Manager)
- @alanlawrance (Alan Lawrance, Technical Director)
- @davechanedm (Dave Chan, Audio Director)
- @zacwhyte (Zac Whyte, Video Editor)
- @raphlife (Raphael van Lierop, Creative Director)
Who knows, some of our other amazing talent, either composers or actors, might also be around to join in the fun!
And here's some great info on Live Tweeting, from Twitter: https://dev.twitter.com/media/live-tweeting
We'll also be on Facebook, where various Hinterland team members will also be jumping in to interact with backers and community.
We hope you'll join us in either venue. We'll be taking questions, sharing thoughts as we come in to the final hours and minutes of the campaign, retweeting the various #survivalbeard, #survivalbraid, and even...#survivalcakes photos that come our way.
So set your alarm clocks, put the automatic timer on the coffee maker, throw some pancakes on the griddle, and come be part of the beginning of the end (of the beginning).
(International backers -- this means you too. Pancakes are a meal best eaten, well any time of day really!)
Let's finish this thing the only way we know how to finish things at Hinterland: strong.
- The Hinterland Team