Hello! We're Nell & Maggie, sisters and founders of Hi Little One.
We started this company when our friends started having babies, and we were having a hard time finding newborn gifts we actually liked. Something cute, but not too cute. Something personal and fun. What we found didn't make the grade, so we began making our own custom onesies, hats, bibs, and t-shirts.
We've been hard at work for the past year and a half, refining our products and process so that we can offer a highly customized product on a mass scale without compromising the personal touch.
The past 12 months have been spent creating, trashing, recreating, and perfecting our designs. We've found the best apparel, as well as the most efficient, high-quality printing process, but we are missing one major ingredient, the key to our production:
The Melco G3 Direct to Garment Printer.
We've done the research, and this printer is tops. It will allow us to efficiently print high quality garments, one at a time—keeping true to our highly customized roots, just faster. The G3 can produce our designs at about 90 seconds per garment, compared to our current 1.5 hours. Yowza!
Locked and loaded, this puppy runs at $25K, but we'll need to raise a bit more than that to cover processing and fulfillment.
Here's the breakdown in some very fancy math:
Goodness Built In: We can't use Kickstarter funds for non-profit donations, but once we are up and running Hi Little One will donate 10% of profits to foundations that support pediatric cancer treatment and research.
True Customization. Every Hi Little One order is laid out by a professional graphic designer, by hand. So any item, can say whatever you want. (And you can be sure that your new nephew's extra-long, hyphenated last name will fit just as well as his nickname, Chip.)
USA! USA! All our products are made in the good ‘ole US of A. The apparel is made in LA and printing happens in Denver. We are dedicated to reducing emissions, keeping production close to maintain high quality controls, and supporting the country that created Snickers, Spanx, and John Cusack.
We're not deadbeats! We're committed to making an honest, transparent, lighthearted company you'll genuinely enjoy doing business with.
To that end...shopping with us will be fun! You're doing something really nice for someone you love—someone who is probably on their third straight hour of bouncing a screaming baby—it should feel good! You'll feel the positive vibes from shopping to purchase through delivery.
Note about Fulfillment:
- Domestic shipping is included in all rewards!
- If the campaign is successful, we will reach out to all backers to collect your orders. You tell us the size, style, colors and we will put together a perfect set of Hi Little One duds! (We carry sizes newborn to 6yrs.)
- We will fulfill by the promised date, but you can take up to a year to order based on your needs (i.e. that bun just got in the oven, doesn't have a name yet, yada yada…). The bottom line is we're flexible and will work with you!
- Kickstarter Launch: Feb 4, 2015
- Kickstarter Completion: March 5, 2015
- Custom Card Design, Printing & Shipping: March 2015
- Purchasing & Mastering the DTG Printer: March 2015
- Production of wearable goods: April, May, June 2015
- Shipping of all Product: July 31st, 2015
We will ship completed orders as soon as they are ready, so you will likely get yours before this date. And remember, you have a full year to place your order!
- Audio Trend: For the use (and custom editing!) of their song, "Life is Great"
- Mick Lindquist: For his film skills and never ending patience.
Risks and challenges
The childrens personalization industry is a competitive, saturated beast. We believe that our attention to detail, personal touches and creative spirit sets us apart from the rest. Still, it will be an uphill battle to carve out our piece of the pie.
The good news is, we're up for the challenge and excited to have your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)