Defense Grid set the standard for tower defense games and now we're giving you the power to make Defense Grid 2 real for everyone. Read more
This project was successfully funded on August 14, 2012.
What Comes Next
Thanks again for your support of the Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter. We're working to get all the post-Kickstarter fulfillment underway.
Here are things we're working on right now:
- Setting up private backer forums & UserVoice idea and ranking tool - I had a great meeting today with our web team
- Updating the backer database with all the information and corrections you've given us through direct Kickstarter messaging
- Preparing a survey for all those receiving physical goods so we will know your correct shipping address
- Preparing a survey for all those who will be listed in the credits to make sure we get the name you want for the credits
- Verifying that all international shipments are covered with the needed additional funds for that pledge tier to cover international shipping. If not, we'll give you the opportunity to pay us the remaining amount through PayPal, or decide not to receive certain physical goods.
- Once forums are up, we'll use the Uservoice tool for those getting shirts to help narrow in on the 3 T-shirt designs we'll manufacture.
- Once we know the shirt designs, we'll ask those getting shirts for sizes and design choices
- We're setting up a way to fulfill digital content such as additional codes for extra copies of the existing game, ringtones, DG1 soundtrack, wallpaper, level visualizer, and concept art book pdfs when they are done. Expect the DG:Containment concept art book to be done just after Containment ships, and the DG2 concept art book and soundtrack near when DG2 gets closer to completion.
- We're getting gun tower usb sticks and fletcher audio buttons manufactured
- We'll put the credits from backers into the existing game for you to check and verify that we'll get it right
- We're getting video cards and mice transferred to our shipping partner
- We will later contact those folks who have extra perks such as designing cheat codes or getting voicemail messages recorded to coordinate with them on those prizes
- Our internal folks are starting work on DG:Containment now!
- We are talking with external folks (meetings every day) who might help us fill the financial gap and get DG2 started as soon as possible.
I think that's it, but perhaps I'm forgetting something. Anyway, we wanted to let you know that while the energy from the Kickstarter may have dissipated a bit on the forums as it comes to a close, we've kept going in high gear here at HPE and are working to get the gang back together again in the private forums and we'll be hitting all the steps above as well.
Thanks so much for joining the DG2 team!