Our Goal is to get a 2nd printing out, then put out additional material to support the game and to keep it in print. Hidden Kingdom is a role playing game focused on the knights and times of King Arthur. Not only is it a great game, but it is a work of art with beautiful illustrations and a very large two part full color map or the British Isles.
1. Detailed Stats and information on over 300 Character's (Knights and Noble Ladies) taken from Arthurian Literature.
2. The information includes Heraldry and Coats of Arms for each Character.
3. Heraldry Guide.
4. Detailed Political and Economic rules.
5. Two Full Color Maps of the British Isles, including Ireland.
6. Details on 21 different Kingdoms and over 235 Provinces on the British Isles.
7. Alignment Rules reflect the conflict between Paganism & Christianity; Chivalry & Lawlessness, and the cultural conflicts of the many peoples on the Islands.
8. Players have two alignment value systems with often conflicting goals.
9. Rules for Large Scale Warfare and Naval Combat.
10. Play a King, a minor Lord or a Landless Knight.
11. Simple and playable combat system. A very unique approach to keep the game moving and reflect the unique character of the Fights in Arthurian Literature.
12. Very unique rules for Jousting Combat.
13. Detailed instructions on Role Playing for the beginner. Including examples of play.
14. Detailed Creature Section featuring Monsters, Animals, Fairy, and man type encounters.
15. Built in Situation-Type Encounters that represent 96 mini adventures already built into the game.
16. Bibliography of Arthurian and related literature.
17. A game that is designed to encourage the reading of great literature.
18. A game can be played in one simple setting or can be a long and continues game of intrigue, politics, warfare and adventure.
19. Rules for Super-natural intervention featuring the unique differences of Magic and Miracles.
20. List of Magic items from the times of King Arthur. 21. Tournament Rules and formats.
21. Easy to learn. A new player could be up and playing within minutes. But a lifetime of fun, adventure, and learning.
22. Player Record Sheets for tracking your Character's Skills and Abilities, Damages, Family, Comrades, and enemies, possessions, and alignment achievements.
23. Detailed Charts and table used for playing the game.
24. Loose leaf format for planned expansions, supplements, and advanced rules. Or Hardcover for the series collector
25. Suitable for miniatures.
26. Expandable System.
27. The focus is on role playing, not number crunching.
Risks and challenges
At this point the project is fairly low risk. Most of the money will go towards printing the maps. Then a decent sized print run on the Loose Leaf stuff. Obviously the more we print the cheaper it gets. The map could be sold as is, but we are going to try and clean it up a little more before we print. When the Anniversary Edition is gone we will have a regular 3rd printing; plus we have lots of supplements planned. Our biggest obstacles is getting the maps printed. We have to do a large print run to get it affordable.
For every $1000.00 up to $10,000.00 over the initial goal we will provide a set of Situation Encounters (Mini Adventures) for every $1000.00. If we hit 10K we will consider other Stretch Goals.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)