BRAGI UPDATE - Update problem solved. 1.4.0 software ready
sorry for the confusion. 1.4.0 is now ready (I've tried it myself) and available to update The Dash.
We hope you enjoy it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Go to http://update.bragi.com to update your Dash.
iOS and Android apps are live in the app stores. The Windows app might take another few hours to be released.
Major improvements in 1.4.0:
Improved speech quality in calls
Improved stability of system
Improved sensor precision
Improved robustness of EarTouch
How to update your Dash How to update your Dash Release notes
1. After the software update The Dash will inform you that the update was successfully completed.
1. Automatic feedback during activities. Every 5 minutes your Activity Feedback will be read to you.
2. Audio Transparency is now off, and disabled automatically during the swimming activity mode. This is to avoid the external microphones going into a feedback loop when immersed with water.
3. If the Left Dash is removed from the ear during an ongoing activity, the activity is automatically paused and a voice feedback is played back. The activity is also paused upon removal of The Right Dash, however, this is not accompanied by any feedback
System Status Feedback
1. The LightGuide can now be turned on to »breathe« while wearing The Dash in the ear. This behavior can be toggled on/off in the Bragi App - latest version of the app is required. By default the LED breathing is off.
1. Live Activity tracking values are now transferred and visible in the Bragi App.
2. Renaming The Dash's Bluetooth Device Name is possible in the App. This makes it easy to identify your Dash when connecting via Bluetooth.
1. General improvements to the insertion detection.
2. Improvements to the EarTouch Interface have been made, improving its robustness in bright light conditions.
1. An audio artefact introduced when turning Audio Transparency on & off rapidly has been removed.
2. Removal of distortion during »pairing« sound icon playback.
3. Stereo sound icons now have improved quality when played together with music
Internal Music Player
1. If The Dash master volume is at 0 (muted) and is inserted into The Charger, the volume will be set to Volume Level 3 for the next use in order to avoid mistaking The Dash for being non functional (instead of just muted).
1. Uplink voice clarity improved during telephony, in particular in quiet surroundings.
2. The echo/delay when calling from The Dash has now been removed.
3. General improvements to the audio quality of speaker and microphone.
4. General stability improvements when using The Dash as a headset.
5. Fixed issues that led to call audio only being heard mono on the right Dash.
6. Voice command recognition when using the voice control feature of a peripheral device (e.g. Apple Siri, Google Now, Microsoft Cortana) has been improved
7. During a call the volume can now be adjusted on either the phone and on The Dash.
Sensors & Activtiy Data
1. The heart rate data service has now been improved to work with more 3rd party apps (Runtastic, Runkeeper and Wahoo Fitness).
System Status Feedback
1. Frequency change in the LED behaviour during software update. This has been done to make it easier to distinguish the updating process from other notification on The Dash.
2. Showing the battery status of The Dash via »shake« gesture has been improved.
Dash Battery & Power Saving
1. Battery Status LED Feedback of The Dash in The Charger has been improved.
We will continue to improve The Dash and add new features in future updates. I, Nikolaj, wish you a great weekend.
The BRAGI team and Nikolaj.