About The Project...Simon Vector is a dark, sci-fi thriller written by John Jackson and Ken Chapman, writing as JAK HOLDING (John And Ken). The book is finished, cover art is complete and professional copy-editing is about to begin. Now we want to utilize transmedia storytelling to expand how people can experience the world of Simon Vector. Read the first 10 pages of Simon Vector here!
So what is transmedia storytelling?
Transmedia storytelling is a technique of telling stories from different character perspectives and across multiple devices and formats, allowing each to make a distinctive contribution to a fan's understanding of the story world. Using this technique, a storyteller can create multiple "entry points" by which fans can enter a story through different characters, devices and media formats.
What's the plan?
With the help of our fellow Kickstarters, we can develop a complete transmedia strategy to introduce Simon Vector to a larger audience by appealing to their preferred media format and by telling the story from different character viewpoints. This includes:
- Having the story professionally copy-edited. This is an art form that can't really be done by just anyone...and a great copy-editor isn't cheap.
- Release the ebook first. Formats will include epub, mobi (Kindle) and enhanced ipad and android tablet editions. Advance copies have already been submitted for author and reviewer comments.
- Print and release the soft cover, 6" X 9", perfect bound edition for retail distribution.
- Release three different "entrypoint" novellas in ebook and enhanced graphic mobile editions. Each of these stories will be about a different prisoner from the novel and how they came to be incarcerated at Alpha Draconis. From these tales, we'll learn that not everyone imprisoned there is guilty.
- In the event that we surpass our funding goal by at least $500, those funds will be dedicated to writing an additional "entrypoint" novella titled, The Journal of Dr. Thadeus Kong. This novella would be released in printed and ebook form and would chronicle Dr. Kong's descent into madness as he tries to unravel the mystery of Captain Simon Vector. Everyone who funds the Simon Vector project will get a copy of this novella in their choice of pdf, epub, kindle, ipad or android editions if we surpass our goal.
John is a co-founder of League Entertainment and is also known as the cover artist, Johnny Atomic. His latest work includes the interior art for two collaborative projects between the League and Adam-Troy Castro titled, Z Is for Zombie and V Is for Vampire. John is also the cover artist for Simon Vector.
Ken is a co-founder and managing partner of League Entertainment. He is a co-creator of Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse, written by DeAnna Knippling and a co-creator of Simon Vector.
We have several special rewards for our Kickstarter backers. Everyone who pledges will receive access to the backers-only blog. There, you will be able to read the first ten pages of the story, see additional art relating to the books, early concept art of the Simon Vector Universe, interviews with people involved in the production of Simon Vector and even some videos of how John and Ken brainstorm and create the look and feel of the story. All of these will be posted in weekly updates for you to follow!
For backers outside the United States who receive a book as part of their rewards, please include an additional $5 for shipping and handling.