by Dream Pod 9
@ Dave. Everything is shutdown today in the United States for the 4th of July Holiday, we'll get an update from the plastics manufacturer down there later this week. Books are done print on demand with Lightning Source down in the US as well and they have pretty fast turn around. Once we have more news we'll get another Kickstarter update done.
Has the manufacturer started popping the models yet? Can you get the books printed, the models popped and everything put together in a month? I can wait until they are done, I just don't want to get my hopes up for getting them in early August.
@ Adam. For now its wait and see, as we won't start shipping until later in the month. If they do go on strike and stay out we'll have to ship using either UPS Ground or Canpar Ground service, both of which are more expensive than Canada Post. So we would have to ask our Canadian Backers to chip in a bit more than the $15 CAD they have already paid. Lets cross our fingers for now that they come to an agreement.
On that note what's the plan working around a possible postal strike here in Canada?