Heather Kropf is Promoting her Album LIGHTS! + New Music
Help me share LIGHTS coast to coast and record some new music. Thank you so much!!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, May 1 2019 2:30 AM UTC +00:00.
The final part of making an album is sharing it.
It has been a dream of mine to promote my album Lights nationwide, and I have an opportunity to do it this spring via radio. I launched this Kickstarter to invite you to help make this possible, and record new music.
For those of you who are new to my world, here's the deal: Lights is my fifth full-length album, produced and mixed by Lex Price, and is the best sounding project I have made. The songs are about the complex beauty of modern life, the awakening soul, and romance, all crafted by Lex's spacious, understated sonic palette. You can swim in it.
I have a wonderful radio promoter who has more than 40 years experience in the business to work on my album's behalf. He loves this project and with your help I can get him started.
Radio Campaign Details
Our campaign is as targeted and lean as we can get it, lasting 6 weeks and aiming for Triple-A (Adult Album Alternative) stations and other genre formats that suit my music. We'll be sure to hit the high-profile stations, but it's primarily about being really focused to get results.
From Projects to Living: Why This, Why Now
Promoting Lights to radio nationally fits into a larger picture I have for transitioning from being a project-based artist (which I've been for the past two decades) to developing a gentler, on-going sustainable life that supports myself as well as the music I make. There are two reasons why I am asking for support for this and for that support now:
1) A radio campaign is a cost-effective way of reaching a lot of new ears, under the guidance of someone who has built relationships over decades. It's a lovely way to share my music that feels right to me. The bonus is that by knowing which communities are supporting my songs, I can invest wisely with planning my touring routes. The bottom line: a radio campaign is a double-win!
2) Radio has a shelf-life. Of all the ways I hope to share my songs radio is one promotional opportunity that will expire. It's now, or probably not at all.
What You Receive
UPDATES: Over the 6-week radio campaign I will be sharing stats of what stations and communities have added the music. If you live in those towns you can tune in and know that you made that possible. We'll do happy dances!
REWARDS: In addition, I am offering a bunch of new kinds of thank-you rewards -- from art and food, to conversation, and of course the music and swag -- all things I am excited to offer! Please check them out!
I want to highlight two special rewards:
- The 'Zine: includes a physical CD signed by producer Lex Price. He's a busy guy, running around touring all over the world with Neko Case, and more, and I'm grateful he's taking some time to help out.
- The 3-Song Patron: this is something I'm heading towards in the near future -- subscription-based songwriting of all my material, professionally recorded and featuring intimate duo collaborations with some incredible musicians. I'm so excited to start this new chapter, and wanted to offer you a preview, especially for people who really want new music as their thank you reward.
NEW MUSIC: Speaking of new music, I am offering everyone something new no matter your pledge level, because your involvement makes my dream for Lights possible! So...when the campaign is funded I will head to the studio to record you a new, fully produced song as my thanks. I geek out about recording -- studios are my favorite place to be -- so twist my rubber arm, why don't you?
Crossing the Finish Line
I would love to give Lights a chance to be heard beyond the 200+ generous people who helped me to make it. It is a privilege and a calling to be involved with music, and for me, saying "yes" means seeing things through to the finish line.
Your pledge allows me to share these songs to new communities, giving life to this album beyond the creators, and giving me a stronger shot at transitioning to a sustainable artist's life, which will cultivate my future work and be restorative to my health. Your pledge helps me fulfill my calling as a songwriter.
In return, what I can guarantee is that I'm all-in and will devote myself every day with every penny you entrust to me for the task. I will send you updates, new music, any rewards you select, and my gratitude.
Thank you so much for considering my dream to share Lights nationwide. I look forward to the prospect of having you on my radio promo team this spring! Let's do this!
If you have any further questions for me before pledging, contact me. I'd be happy to chat.
Risks and challenges
Rewards fulfillment is a priority for me, even when life throws obstacles. And believe me, life throws curve balls! You matter and I will do everything in my power to fulfill your pledge.
For this particular campaign everything is achievable -- things are already manufactured or designed and ready for manufacture. All rewards are expected to be sent out by the projected dates, with the exception of the new music. That one I have to get right before I send it, and I'll do my best.
Rewards having to do with concert performances or meetings for breakfast, coffee, or coaching are subject to my availability and location. However, I want to meet you and I want to tour and travel so we will find a time!
* House concerts: travel costs are additional for any house shows booked that are further than 300 miles beyond my regularly scheduled touring routes.
Shipping: It's Dollar Shipping, baby, for all domestic rewards! International is a cool $4. Thank you!!!
Troubleshooting: Should the campaign be successful and you are experiencing issues with receiving your rewards, please contact me at email@example.com. I will assist!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!